Thread: Windows Xp Question

I was given a copy of win xp pro and can't install it because it's been used already. The key still works but half-way through installation it cuts out because of license agreement stuff. Is there any way to make this work??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Did you download it or someone actually gave it you? I'm a newbie myself so dont really have a solution. The board has had problems lately so hopefully more experienced users can help. I dont think its the reason that its been used before because you have lots of stuff circulating around kazza lite which have been used. Maybe the copy you have is damaged or summat. Did you fullyuninstall the old version etc? I dunno... maybe you should give more info so others can help more.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks jabby85,

It's the really old version (burned) that was available before xp was even released. Its serial number is blocked by windows update now. The error that I have been getting is a "Manifest Error." I can only assume that it is due to a licensing agreement because I know that it has succesfully been installed on other computers. I can go through the install process again and get the exact error message if that might help...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    It sounds like you have a pre release Microsoft demo copy, they work fine but cannot be updated.

Once a copy of Xp has been used on one computer, it cannot be used on another without a crack, yours probably won't even work with one.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Why dont you get a newer version??? I think i've read somewhere (not sure whether in the forums or on another site) that there are limits on installing in regards to licences such as you can install for so many times e.g. 80 times. I remember as i was sayin to myself i should not keep reinstalling my xp (not that i do anyway).

Maybe it is something about Microsoft making things stricter dunno. Or maybe as its the old version, the security patches and other updates currently out now is conflicting with your old one. All i can think of is a conflict with summat and not a damaged copy.

I'd get a newer copy. I've downloaded xp pro from KL and is all right. At least i tried...ANYONE ELSE!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    You can re-install XP as many times as you like on the same comp. If you change comps, or upgrade hardware, you have to contact Microsoft for a new code.

It's an anti pirating move.