Thread: Fakin Computer And Internet

when im on the internet and iv been on for any longer than 20 mins it keeps saying that the page cannot be displayed and is acting as though im offline we im still connected kazaa web does the same aswell so i have to reconnect all the time it still lets me download but search and traffic go off as though i was disconnected any help would be great
    im running on xp pro and iv got freeserve with a 56k connection( )

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Aberrant
    Sorry, I don't know anything about FAKIN computers...

Now if it were a FECKIN computer... then I might be of help.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    try updating your modem drivers, this happens to me when i have emule running and the connections et to high, but im on cable,
    also have a look at settings of dial up to make sure it not set to auto disconnnect etc,

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I had this problem last night, and it turns out I had an immense amount of traffic connecting to me through port 135, which eventually meant that I couldn't open any more connections in Windows98 and hence couldn't view any more pages.

Set your firewall to block port 135, and you should be OK. This seems to be caused by either Messaging spam or the Blaster virus, or a combination of both.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Actually, this kinda happened to me to last night.
    I clicked on my bookmark for this forum, and got a blank page. Same for the forum, google, etc.
    Nothing worked.
    I thought I got infected somehow.
    The, it occured to me. Yesterday, as I was clicking my bookmark for this forum, I got redirected somehow to the Windows update site.
    It said there was a new DirectX update, (DirectX 9.0b something) so I d/l that.
    Didn't restart right away, so I din't notice sth was wrong. It was after the restart that things got really fucke up.
    So I went to 'my history' to see if that Windows site wasn't a bogus one (it wasn't AFAIK) and checked my update history.
    Apparently, I already installed that update a few months ago. Just used system restore, and voila, here I am again.

Ain't I a smart dude guys?
    Ain't I?
    Guys?
    Hellooo?
    Where you all gone to?
    You don't love me no more?
    :'(

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by titey@19 August 2003 - 10:40
    Sorry, I don't know anything about FAKIN computers...

Now if it were a FECKIN computer... then I might be of help.
    Off topic for a sec.
    @titey: You posted here how come your post count is still 0
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by I.am@19 August 2003 - 14:48
    good question... was this topic started here, or moved from the lounge?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by RPerry+19 August 2003 - 13:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 19 August 2003 - 13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@19 August 2003 - 14:48
    good question... was this topic started here, or moved from the lounge? [/b][/quote]
    Yup you are right just checked the lounge and it was moved from there&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>