Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat to BitTorrent

As many of you know, a new private BitTorrent tracker has sprung up after Brokenstones was shut down to fill the void of a mac tracker. I thought this was a great thing and instantly got involved. That is, until I discovered how greedy the owner really is and what her plans were. The owner of this tracker, RachelFaith, has a giant master plan to unite all bittorrent trackers as a legal business front as something that cannot be taken down. At the same time, she has pay2leech setup at such rediculous amounts that it undermines all tried and true torrent economy systems and serves only as a get rich quick scheme for her. Talk about greed at others' expense. She has also registered Vortex Network as a legal business, but pays no taxes, so there's another problem right there. Add that all on top of treating the staff wrong except for the few she likes, and the fact that she has no earthly concept of how to run anything related to bittorrent or a website, and you have one tracker destined for disaster. I am writing this to inform the community to stay away at all costs, because when Vortex finally does fall, it will fall hard, and I wouldn't want to see anyone get sucked in to being a part of their incompetence.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Such a plan would never work. Trying to unite and legitimize all bittorrent trackers, which are all most likely taking part in some kind of copyright infringement, is a surefire way to attract more heat, lawsuits, and international investigation than you can shake a stick at. Not sure if any of that is true about Vortex, though.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Not sure if any of that is true about Vortex, though.
    It's all 100% true

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    My eternal inner skeptic simply wonders what motive you'd have for posting this...? Revenge?

However I'll respectfully ask you if you have anything credible to back up your theories.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    My eternal inner skeptic simply wonders what motive you'd have for posting this...? Revenge?
    informing the masses ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster
    Wow, even if all of this is true, one crackpot new site owner and all bittorrent is threatened.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    informing the masses ?
    Bugger, I just did my part. I'm not posting in this thread again.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I have posted this to inform the masses, not as revenge or whatever else. I also cannot tell who I am for personal reasons, hence why I am posting on this account. Yes I do have a credible backing, as I had a certain position on Vortex. And yes, one site owner who gets about 11,000 people to believe what she does can hurt us all due to their expectance of this type of mentality throughout the community

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Who cares what some dumb bitch on a mac tracker thinks.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Well,If it is true,we will find out I guess...

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast