Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding New Cd-rw

I have changed my CD-RW because the one i had got broken. I added the new CD-R and made it slave. When i restart my computer and both CD-R and DVD ROM are connected the bios doesnt recognize either drives. BIOS only recognize the HDs for some reason this happens and i cannt figure out what it is. When i only have one Drive either the CD-RW or the DVD-ROM BIOS has no problem recognizing the three drives. Two HDs and the CD-R (or DVD-ROM).

Any help on what to do to fix this i wil greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you,
    Catracho

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    was dvd rom originally a slave? then you could have two drives acting as slaves, and only one would show up. make sure the jumpers for the dvd rom are set to master, or for the cdrw, you shouldnt have two as master, or two as slave.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The DVD was originaly set as master, when i connected the CD-R to the slave (all i did was disconnect old CD-R and Connect newone. NOTHING ELSE) then when I restart my computer neither one shows up. Only the HDs. The jumpers are set up correctly as far as i know.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I think by what you just typed you are saying you did not change the jumper, last two CD-RW's I bought were set master by default.... You must change the jumper pin on the back

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The DVD-ROM was set up as a master by default, when I bought the CD-R all i did was replace the old CD-R and connect the jumper back then connected the power supply for the CD-R and restarted the "puter and neither one of the drives were recognized. I dont know i think it's messed up. What i dont get is then i disconnect one and leave it on the Drive is recognized

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Catracho@19 August 2003 - 20:48
    all i did was replace the old CD-R and connect the jumper back then connected the power supply
    The IDE ribbon is not considered a jumper. Look beside the IDE port to where the there is a set of pins sticking out, there should be two little black pieces connecting two pins to each, those are the jumpers. Check with the paper work that came with your drive to determine which way they should be set to act as a slave. (I forget off hand which is which)
    Once you have set it to act as a slave it should recognize it. You can't have two drives acting as a primary master. And most drives are set to master by default.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    this is what we are all trying to tell you

You must change you jumper on the CD-RW to the middle position if your DVD ROM is set as master, the problem you are having sound like both devices are fighting for the master

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!! I THOUGHT THAT THOSE The IDE ribbons were considered jumpers. Thank you. I changed the "jumpers. BIOS now know that there is a CD-RW installed. THANK YOU!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Your very welcome, guess I should have posted the picture first.....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Twist3r
    why is it called a slave... damn bill gates is racist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast