Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IP log

bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm not sure what sites already do and don't do this...but after reading this post by deadalive1, I was thinking it'd be very easy to take away the traders who rotate through accounts looking for a step upwards in the ladder. I can't really think of a reason for 1 IP to appear in 2 accounts, so why don't trackers just keep tracker of IPs login to the site. Any IP that appears in 2 or more accounts must be either a dupe account or a trader...no?
    It seems like a ridiculously simple concept, but when I was a trader/collector I went in and out of different accounts without any hassle, so why wasn't I banned?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    What about the users who share a seedbox?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Or two users living at the same address? Roomates etc. I suppose they could just inform the tracker though

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt know so much about that but I guess that 90% of us have dynamic IP, so, itīs not easy to track.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Artemis's Avatar ŋןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    There are also the ISP's who use dynamic IP assignment, so when the lease is up or if your modem/router is reset, you are assigned a different IP from the pool. There are several countries including my own where dynamic IP's are far more common than static.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Sometimes people clone mac addresses to their router to get an IP change when they want one from their provider for various reasons.
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    not to mention proxies
    But a lot of sites do ban dupe accounts and do search for them
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    yea we have a ipchecker that searches for dupe IP's but seedboxes dont usually get flagged as it only register IP's the actually login to the site where as if you use webUI your just loading a torrent from the site and not actually logging in with it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    Or two users living at the same address? Roomates etc. I suppose they could just inform the tracker though
    the chances of that happening or so slim

its like saying Lance Bass is straight

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    the chances of that happening or so slim

its like saying Lance Bass is straight
    I seen it a few times more likely be couples or college peeps in rented accomodation than anything else
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast