Thread: Ati Radeon 9500

Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have read that the old radeon 9500 are technically the same as the Radeon 9700 Pro and you can overclock them easily and what you get is the same as a 9700 pro.
    Has anybody tried this out allready? Or does anybody know if this really works?

If so Im gonna bid on a radeon 9500 on ebay.
    Which leads me to my second question how is it with hardware on ebay can you trust the ppl, what experiences have you made with hardware on ebay?

Thanks Benno

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i've seen a few articles on this

i was a little dubious at first, but it seems that done correctly, it does actually work

bit more info

as for buying from ebay...i'd be a little weary of buying graphics cards. you never know if someone has overclocked it before you get it and done any damage

if it's relatively cheap, then go ahead, but if it's expensive it may not be worth it
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Benno@20 August 2003 - 00:19
    I have read that the old radeon 9500 are technically the same as the Radeon 9700 Pro and you can overclock them easily and what you get is the same as a 9700 pro.
    Has anybody tried this out allready? Or does anybody know if this really works?

If so Im gonna bid on a radeon 9500 on ebay.
    Which leads me to my second question how is it with hardware on ebay can you trust the ppl, what experiences have you made with hardware on ebay?

Thanks Benno
    Be careful when you do that. I have testified that this an easy mod, but I would emphasize that you should be prepared to accept the 9500 as a 9500 if it does not work out for you (if you get lots of artifacting...)

http://www.ocfaq.com/softmod/

But I am with noob on the ebay thing...I would not buy any computer pieces from ebay...too much potential hassle...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    So if I have to accept it as a Radeon 9500 how is this card?
    Is it still capable of running new games?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    regarding ebay i use it for most pc stuff and have only ever had 2 duff bits of h/ware, (two 40gb hardrives for £10&#33; sold as seen so me own fault&#33 you can save a fortune, you just need to be sensible, do a bit of research, 1st check the ratings/feedback of the seller, if they got sunglasses and if they got loads of bad feedback leave well alone, pick someone with good feedback who has sold alot of items, also i tend to track items that the finish times are early hours of morn&#33; less chance of getting outbid&#33; wait til v last minute, put in a bid and you will prob win it, do check postage costs tho....some people are just greedy&#33; also see if they local to you&#33; you can just collect it. happy bidding