Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My view on Traders

It seems that a lot of the animosity on the board seems to stem on the issue of traders, I thought that I would throw my two cents in, and before anyone shoots me down, I did use the search function

For me, as a person who doesn't trade, I think trading goes against my morals. And for those of you who think the statement above is a bit too serious for filesharingtalk.com forums then I plead with you to read on.

I am going to start off by addressing the why question. Why do people trade? For me its easy, people trade for one of two reasons

A. Its the only way to obtain trackers they are legitimately interested in
    B. Its the only way to discover and obtain higher level trackers that are 1337

A lot of people regard statement B as a e-penis showing. Its hard to imagine somebody actually logging on everyday, browse the forums, and just say to themselves......I'm the shit. And if you do that, go kill yourself. Anyway, I believe that everyone has an urge to see whats higher. You cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like. That addresses B.

As for statement A, I actually somewhat feel sympathetic towards them. They actually want to use a tracker, feel they can contribute, but the only way to obtain them, for them, is by trading. This is a question answered by the following "stay active on the forums, make friends, contribute to the community". I ask, what if the only thing you are able to contribute is a demonoid code, or an IP Torrents invite. Its a tough position to be put in since trading is such a lure rather then waiting for 6-8 months and gaining a reputation. Its easy for people who are established to make futile comments about contribution when the only thing you can contribute is a lousy demonoid invite. Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc. So to say that all traders are evil, rule breakers, or the devils number is extremely unesscarry.

I also have a scenario to present. Lets say I start a tracker called TrackerA. Now while I make the rules for TrackerA, I decide to shake it up. My tracker actually allows trading. Now how many people will join my tracker? Exactly. Nobody. How is this relevant? Because even traders wouldn't join. That's funny, because we just found a middleground. Everyone wants the security of their account and personal ip to be in safe hands. Thats the middleground of filesharing, nobody wants to get fuck*d. Now if we could actually capitalize on the concept that nobody wants to be screwed and present that as I clear concept, I think we are well on are way to creating or improving trackers with better security, a more reliable userbase, and, best of all, seeing the amount of newbie traders decrease. Why do I say newbie traders? Becuase I really think that past traders are irrelevant at this point, they are beyond fixable for that matter. Why? Trading is like sex (for guys), you keep wanting it, and once you do it, there is no going back. Even some of you people who claim they are retired or learned better or changed your ways, you cannot be trusted. Deal with it.

This is my incomplete post about Trading, I will followup with another one that addresses non-traders, staff, and tracker views later.

For now, I have a poker-stars tourney to attend to

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    They actually want to use a tracker, feel they can contribute, but the only way to obtain them, for them, is by trading.
    Until they trade that "dream" tracker for their next target.

I'm somewhat on the same level of thinking as you; I won't sit here and bash traders and call them derogatory names, and name them the filth of the tracker scene. Perhaps some of them are, but not all, and it's useless to spew hate. They just choose to use trackers as a commodity and currency, and it's their choice; they won't receive any support from me.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Trading will end when traders find out no matter what level of tracker they poses , they are not going to find content which isnt available on thepiratebay .

doesnt it really suck , i mean the time you traders have wasted trading and staring at you high level possesion only to find out . shit is that it ?

i found nothing special , i havent achieved anything . i been following some shit level list on an internet forum wasting my time ignoring my real life priorities only to realise in the end , i have wasted my precious time on the internet which i could have used to do something productive like learn a programing language or something .

just ask the ex traders aka retired traders. i am sure they will agree

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    you seriously expect me to read that...its too long...can someone give me sparknotes on this...

okay fine i read it finally....

1080p can u pm me i want to talk to ya about something u might be able to help me on

thanks a lot

-hitman51
    Last edited by hitman51; 07-31-2008 at 05:09 PM.
    i be lurking

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    you seriously expect me to read that...its too long...can someone give me sparknotes on this...
    That's what you call "long" >.>? It only took me about 2 minutes to read =/

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

okay fine i read it finally....

1080p can u pm me i want to talk to ya about something u might be able to help me on

thanks a lot

-hitman51
    I dont think they let n00bs pm

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    That's what you call "long" >.>? It only took me about 2 minutes to read =/
    sorry im not too fast at reading lol ...but in the read i read it
    i be lurking

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p
    I ask, what if the only thing you are able to contribute is a demonoid code, or an IP Torrents invite.
    Why do you have to contribute with BT Related stuff, like invites, accs? You can always contribute with your opinions, and not only in the Bittorrent Section, yes because a forum has more that. And the intelligent guys when giveaway an invite check the post history and then they will see that you are here to help. So got to disagree there.

I also have a scenario to present. Lets say I start a tracker called TrackerA. Now while I make the rules for TrackerA, I decide to shake it up. My tracker actually allows trading. Now how many people will join my tracker? Exactly. Nobody. How is this relevant? Because even traders wouldn't join.
    Definitely ironic.

Trading is like sex (for guys), you keep wanting it, and once you do it, there is no going back.
    A stupid metaphor but yes you are right, honestly.

This is my incomplete post about Trading, I will followup with another one that addresses non-traders, staff, and tracker views later.
    I'm just waiting for it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I View Post
    Why do you have to contribute with BT Related stuff, like invites, accs? You can always contribute with your opinions, and not only in the Bittorrent Section, yes because a forum has more that. And the intelligent guys when giveaway an invite check the post history and then they will see that you are here to help. So got to disagree there.
    I mentioned that here

Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc. So to say that all traders are evil, rule breakers, or the devils number is extremely unesscarry.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i generally agree with much that you say 1080p.

i think there would be less noise and less demand (buying, selling and trading of invites.) surrounding these sites if they did one of two things.- opened signups permanently or closed indefinitely.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast