Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OVH now strongly against torrenting

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    DAMNIT READ PEOPLE! nothing has happened to ovh...we still dont know that could just be bullshit cuz it was on a public tracker!

dude u dont understand...ovhs are only better because most of the users on all the private torrent sites have ovh...so its like ovh seeding to an ovh...thats why its so much faster than a leaseweb leeching from an ovh

get it?
    Cheaper doesn't translate into a better product, it's just more affordable for more users is why there is an abundance of them. But like everything else in this world....you get what you pay for.
    eh? i never said it was cheaper...did you read?
    And why do they have it? Because it is cheaper, you know it, I know it and most people who are honest would admit to it as well. Has nothing to do with quality or that it is superior to LeaseWeb servers, it's about cost why so many of them exist... bottom line.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    thanks for sharing the news. I was planning to have an OVH box

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Channer View Post
    I would be willing to bet that they really don't give a shit about it because I have read countless threads about ovh boxes and they must be making a good amount of money off everyone who has a box there. If I had an ovh box
    They don't make money off people paying very little a month and using enormous amounts of bandwidth. Bandwidth isn't cheap. They make money because of the pure number of servers they have and that the average bandwidth per server across the board is small.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    LOL, I was literally about to pay for a Kimsufi for three months when I saw this thread. I think I'll leave it for a couple of weeks now to see how things pan out. Thanks for the heads up.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMan80 View Post
    Bikenter

I got 15 mb upload speed on ovh though it was once, I used to get 8 9 mb depending on the torrents
    verry interesting )) how are you managing from 100mbit= 100/8=12.5MB broking all rules of physic ) get 15 Mb ?))
    i get 16-17mb very often for long periods.:-)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    dont be paranoid this is never gonna happen cuz too many people use ovh for file sharing already

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i think just pay month to month and you will be fine as long as you are not stupid.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Can ppl with ovh seedboxes can confirm that you can still seed on private trackers ?..I'm kinda in the burr.. dont know what to think ..

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
    Can ppl with ovh seedboxes can confirm that you can still seed on private trackers ?..I'm kinda in the burr.. dont know what to think ..
    My ovh box is still working.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Mine too, its from a reseller, but I will wait to see what happens to others before I reorder.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast