Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill

http://www.kill-bill.com/

Tarantino is the man

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    This movie looks like it will be good. Nice post

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Tarantino and Miramax...should be a classy movie

and Uma Thurman

Its gonna be something i will see...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Too bad they split it in two so they can rape the ticket-buying public even more.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by shesmylovernow@20 August 2003 - 14:44
    Too bad they split it in two so they can rape the ticket-buying public even more.
    Not the ticket buying public

I was gonna see it at the movies...now i might just download it...

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Gotta love Tarantino... I respect him enough to actually buy both tickets.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
    that wasnt the intent.

tarentino actually fought against that decision.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+20 August 2003 - 15:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 20 August 2003 - 15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
    that wasnt the intent.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money. [/b][/quote]
    Okies seeing i know that i will go see it at the movies then

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+20 August 2003 - 05:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 20 August 2003 - 05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
    that wasnt the intent.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money. [/b][/quote]
    True, but there&#39;s no excusing the fact that Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2 will be released on seperate DVDs. If that&#39;s not a money-making scheme, I don&#39;t know what is. It is after all, the same friggin&#39; movie, just split in half.

And the Asian version of the movie will be edited completely differently, so you can bet that will get a DVD release as well. Err, I mean 2 DVD releases. One for each "volume."

And I will never buy the whole "it&#39;s too long" argument. Was Titanic too long? Lord of the Rings? Schindler&#39;s List? Granted, it&#39;ll be one of the most violent/gory films ever made (if the studio doesn&#39;t mess it up, that is), but can any of you honestly say you won&#39;t sit through an extra 90 minutes b/c it&#39;s too much for you to take?

Fact is, QT didn&#39;t want to cut the film down. After reading the script, I have to say that&#39;s a mistake. Gone With the Wind, this is not. However, switching genres is a fantastic idea as it will keep things interesting, so it may very well work. I suppose only time will tell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Me personally, no, i would have sat through the whole thing... im a huge qt fan.

But the studio worried too much about that... thus the reasoning.. its shitty.

maybe if they do seperate dvd releases, thy will wait on the first dvd, as the 2nd movie should be out within 3-4 months of the first movie, thus they can wait and a dvd collectors set or some shit, for like, 35-30 bucks, that would be worth it... cuz you know qt will have a ton of bonus stuff for the dvd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast