View Poll Results: So why do it?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I TRUELY, HONESTLY want to help the users here

44 67.69%
  • I like the green bars by my name (and I also like turtles)

11 16.92%
  • Do it for teh e-dik

3 4.62%
  • Do it so one day when I have 100btrep, I can make a reqeust for uk-t etc.

7 10.77%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have made a giveaway(s) or were to make one or more, why would you do it?

BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I've been pondering this for a while. I've noticed a direct correlation with users that make giveaways, and users that leave their "show bt rep" Option on. Back in the day, when I was a little more foolish, I would always leave my bt rep on to showoff my points after I made those giveaways, but now I came back to this forum mostly because I'm bored and could care less about p2p. So how about you?
    Last edited by WarrenBuffet; 08-03-2008 at 01:18 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Got no rep don't do give aways other than for site I am an owner of then have to have same user name as they have here
    To be honest rep points mean nothing to me some one could have 10,000 and be no better a person than some one making there 1st post
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I have all the sites I want now except for 1 which has closed invites right now
    so I don't do it for myself, whats the point letting invites sit there on my
    account and not using them, I always ask friends first and if they don't need them
    then I usually give them away, and honestly I didn't know you can choose to have
    your rep shown or not.

And I don't think that it means someone is a good member really all it means is they
    might have gave away a bunch of invites really, I mean some might have been better
    proof of a members responsibility but how can you tell that by looking at all the green.

I like the idea of the rep points but really they do not mean the person is trustworthy
    or responsible.

So I give away invites for 1 because I cant use them, and 2 I would like to help someone
    get into sites that are good and they can benefit from.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by (+.[___]·:·) View Post
    I've been pondering this for a while. I've noticed a direct correlation with users that make giveaways, and users that leave their "show bt rep" Option on. Back in the day, when I was a little more foolish, I would always leave my bt rep on to showoff my points after I made those giveaways, but now I came back to this forum mostly because I'm bored and could care less about p2p. So how about you?
    Edit - did you mean could care less or couldn't care less?

Have you traded your FST account recently, or had a lobotomy?

Are you really the same zaa of old, it's just that I am warming to your posts <ugh!!!, shivers>

/me runs - fast as fuck, did I really post that??
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

Are you really the same zaa of old, it's just that I am warming to your posts <ugh!!!, shivers>

who is this zaa? I bought this account "slightly" used. I hope the previous owner hasn't made a name for himself.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think if people are really generous to GA then Rep points shouldn't be added. I saw many ppl do GA to get reps and show it off, hoping they will one day get into lvl 9+ invite
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I don't get what the whole "rep point" thing is about. I did one giveaway, I thought it went semi-well, and I didn't even know what BT rep was when I was doing it. I just like to give people a chance.

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    To be honest rep points mean nothing to me some one could have 10,000 and be no better a person than some one making there 1st post
    Well isn't that the sweeping pronouncement of the thread! No one is saying that people with more BT reps are "better" people. (What ever the hell that means!). The amount of BT reps is a good indicator of the responsibility of a fellow torrenter; and I'm sure many people interpret and collect the reps as such, either honestly or deceitfully.

As for the motives behind aggregating them hastily ... the whole thing is nauseatingly unctuous to me. Giveawayers want the acclaim. I don't care how much empathy you have for strangers on the internet... and their apparent and dire NEED for invites... why waste your time setting up flashy threads in fifty different colors, all center-aligned and half of the text in bold (the rest in italics), if you weren't getting something out of it?
    All aesthetically pleasing, yes; but necessary? NO SIR!

Also, the receiver may call you his friend, or his brother, or worse his "mate", and drown you with a million smileys ... but unless you drink beer with the guy, he is pandering.

At least when you trade with someone, people are forced to be honest with each other. (I'm assuming, of course, that no one is getting scammed...)
    Last edited by Acumen; 08-03-2008 at 04:03 AM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I would go with option number two. Not for the bars though, just for the turtles

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenBuffet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

who is this zaa? I bought this account "slightly" used. I hope the previous owner hasn't made a name for himself.
    He suffers from an identity crisis, and I never know who I am talking to at times!

Or just a case of multiple personality disorder perhaps?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast