Thread: Video Cards

Twist3r
    i bought a Nvidia Geforce 4MX-440 64mb and i installed that myself thinking i could do it... then when i got it in i installed the drivers and somehow it made all my PCI slots get errors so i had a computer repairman come over and fix the bios and junk i dont know about...then we returned it and got a Raedon 9000 64 mb i didnt even try to install this i called up the repairman and he came over and tryed to install it that card for some odd reson he, me and about 5 people at compusa couldnt figure out why it wasnt working it the only expanation we got was we might have a AGP 1X slot and it took a 2X/4X so we returned it and got another PCI card. The computer repair man is comming over tomarrow to install it and HOPEFULLY it works the new card is a Radeon 7500 i know this isnt a very good card but its a SHITload better then my 8mb card i have right now

how good is the 7500 in performance??? could it handle games like vice city and UT2K3?

EDIT::: i meant Nvidia Geforce 4MX-440 not Nvidia Geforce 4MX-400 sorry

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Im guessing that your 8mb card is onboard ?? if so you have to disable it before installing ne new cards and make sure your bios is set to display from agp if installing an agp card or you will just get a black screen.
    IMO you should have kept the geforce2 its a pretty good little card.

Dont call the repair guy out to much to much $$$$ and wont give you a straight answer.

vice city and UT2K3 wouldnt run very well with those cards. I have a geforce4 mx 64mbddr and it runs pretty gay

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Are you sure what slots you are talking about here? Your card should be AGP, not PCI.

Check in the motherboard book for the AGP spec, 1, 2, 4, or 8. You must have the right card. The voltages are different, if you put the wrong one in, you can seriously damage your motherboard.

The age of your motherboard, and size of your CPU, will determine which video card would best suit you. If your system is showing it's age, you'll be wasting your money paying too much for it. A 440mx, or TI4200 would be plenty good enough. You should be able to buy a 64mb, DDR 440mx for around A$80. (Australian)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Twist3r
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@20 August 2003 - 05:36
    Are you sure what slots you are talking about here? Your card should be AGP, not PCI.

Check in the motherboard book for the AGP spec, 1, 2, 4, or 8. You must have the right card. The voltages are different, if you put the wrong one in, you can seriously damage your motherboard.

The age of your motherboard, and size of your CPU, will determine which video card would best suit you. If your system is showing it's age, you'll be wasting your money paying too much for it. A 440mx, or TI4200 would be plenty good enough. You should be able to buy a 64mb, DDR 440mx for around A$80. (Australian)

i dunno all i know is it didnt work

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Geez, you keep the computer man busy...