Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing punch bag

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    We used bags and focus pads barehand. So that when we were actually hitting folk it hurt them. It also make you used to the feeling of hitting things. It's amazing how many people who are surprised that you hurt your own hand when punching. I always thought that was pretty obvious.
    Spoken like an ex-street fighter.

I didn't figure I'd be punching it up every other day; thought I'd leave myself time to heal between sets-to.

Used mitts (no more padding than a passable cold-weather fingered glove) just to keep from splitting knuckles, which is surprisingly easy to do when you start walking into a heavy bag, doubling up and lifting the bag.

Not that I was getting in fights at every turn, but I only ever got in a picture-perfect left-hook-then-uppercut once...incredibly satisfying results, if I must say.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    cheers kev, much appreciated

4. Lounge   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    cheers kev, much appreciated
    Welcome.

Always get tough before you get too old to beat someone up.

If you go that route, remember to spend a bit of mirror-time practicing a menacing look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yR1xcsyaY
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12