Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crack Down In Falaraki

gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    What does every one think about all the bar crawls in Falaraki bein made illegal?
    utter bollox, the places are still gonna sell the same drinks, people are still gonna drink the same amount, and how are a few police gonna control a couple of thousand pissed up brit's?

any people facing massive fines and prisoin sentances of upto a year for mooning and flashin tits? surely it the clubs fault for gettin the kids up on stages, gettin tham bladdered and them gettin them to do such on stage antics.

ok if it illegal then it the reps fault for doin more crawls, then may be they should be told off, but what if you just taking people from one bar to another not a "bar crawl"

and the reps that were doin the on stage sex shows, it their free will, it was at a private party at an 18-30 resort so everyone ex[ects that stuff there and are all consenting adults anyway.

ok fair enought the lad who got bottled to death in the fight was harsh, but it not much different from over here and we dont have orgainsed bar crawls, people do it from their own free will so how can baning them rectify the situation.

and how much money will falaraki start loosing if heavy drinkin is outlawed? think about it, the brits have the biggest teenage drinking culture in the world. we spend millions a year on alcohol abroad and provide most the income for all tourisdt generated spending abroad. so how will their towns and cities start suffering when people start spending less their, or simply goin to other resorts.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    hmmm, doesn't seem to be very popular?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    The nice people of Falaraki want a more family orientated visits and do not want the bad press it has received recently. The tour reps are as much to blame as anyone else. An organised pub crawl costs £1, 50p goes to the pubs involved.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Violence is wrong, nudism is fine, no-one seems genuinely offended, if they want their tourism to suffer and they want to lose money thru people not going there then that's up to them.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    All year round tourism is affected not just the summer season.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    the greeks seem determined to destroy their tourist industry.

Firstly there's the Kangaroo type trial of the plane spotters and now this.

I know one thing, while there jailing tourists for no good reason then I won't be going there for any reason.

Neil

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    I don't know about other countries, but in Belgium British drunks aren't particulary welcome.
    In fact, they are waaaaaay down there on the list of our prefered customers, about the same heigth as the Dutch.
    What good does it do, if a bunch of Brits spend £1000 in your pub, if it's gonna cost you twice that to fix it up when they leave?
    No offence to the present company, but a flock of drunk British tourists isn't exactly what I'd like to come in here.
    Unless of course they're female nymphomaniac exhibitionists.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    but the brittish drunks are having more fun than all you conservative europeans who go camping and eating chocolate cereal for breakie!
    we out gettin smashed, gettin into mischeif, and gettin laid! what is wrong with that?!
    just cos most other countries in europe are boring, reclusive and t totalers doesn't mean we should be penalised. dont you find us funny to watch after 14 pints of stella gettin into all sorts of adventures?

it the same with our football fans, you lot always seem to give them bad press and most the time you lot probly cause the trouble trying to get a reaction out of us

9. Lounge   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Wrong, gaz_k, the majority of Brits don't want that sort of behaviour either.

The big problem is they put them in jail, then give them a slap on the wrist and let them out. What message does that send to the next lot ?

Put them in jail, and leave them there for a while, the message will very soon hit home with most of them. It's a bit like being put on moderation, most people learn, a few don't, so they get banned (is that like a life sentence or the death penalty ?). Mind you, it doesn't help if you've got policemen who think they are Adolf Hitler.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    last time i went to magaluf it was more german and dutch kids getting pissed and fighting and openly shagging in public.

I mean that is what i went on holiday there for so i had a good time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast