Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-sig/k-dat Language Support

Poster
    To translate K-Sig/K-Dat to your language, do the following:

1. Goto www.heaventools.com
    2. Download PE Explorer
    3. Use PE Explorer to edit the resources in the K-Sig/K-Dat executable.
    4. Save this new executable as your language version.
    5. Optionally, send it to me so I can upload it on my website.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Hey you should of told me this would be alot easyer.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    I myself was using Resource Hacker, but it would not handle Delphi forms correctly. However, PE Explorer does. I just found that out

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Cool are you going to buy it or use the crack.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    could you not do it a different way:
    put all of the strings in a text/ini file, and read the values for the text from them? It would be easier to translate, update, and there would only be one version of the .exe.

Frosty

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    The best way (for me, at least) was to release the Delphi source for self-editing.

And by the way, ResHack has better RTL Support (in PE Explorer everything screws up), and generally supported the editing of previous versions of the above programs. What's changed in latter versions?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The best way (for me, at least) was to release the Delphi source for self-editing.
    Thats how i translated the old K-sig. Its a good way to edit programs.

And by the way, ResHack has better RTL Support (in PE Explorer everything screws up), and generally supported the editing of previous versions of the above programs. What's changed in latter versions?
    ResHack doesnt support Delphi. I very very limited to what it can read.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Resource Hacker doesn't support Delphi completely. It crashes in between trying to read forms. Try the latest PE Explorer. It allows editing everything.
    If you edit using the sources, you are not able to edit the internal error messages, which are generated by the Delphi library. For this you must use a different language version of the library while compiling, or edit the .exe itself. You will know what I mean if you see the string resources in Resource Hacker. Too many there.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Hasnain@20 August 2003 - 22:53
    Resource Hacker doesn't support Delphi completely. It crashes in between trying to read forms. Try the latest PE Explorer. It allows editing everything.
    If you edit using the sources, you are not able to edit the internal error messages, which are generated by the Delphi library. For this you must use a different language version of the library while compiling, or edit the .exe itself. You will know what I mean if you see the string resources in Resource Hacker. Too many there.
    I agree PE Explorer is better for editing Delphi programs. However, it is very strict on the editing and almost doesn't allow ADDING new properties to a form.

I was able to add a 'BiDiMode = bdRightToLeft' property only using Resource Hacker, because it allows you to add stuff. (I don't think you can do that on PE Explorer. If you can, then someone please let me know )

Also, it also seemed to work perfectly when translating both KLUpdate and previous versions of K-Sig. And about those errors - you rarely bump into them anyway...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I havent used PEX yet so i dont know if you can add to it, but here's what to come.

K-sig: Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Korean, Russian, Franch, and Portuguses

K-Dat: Someone else can do i hate doing k-dat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast