Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics Idea

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It could work in favour of women occasionally, for example in gymnastics, diving, or synchronised swimming

Also, men and women do compete equally in the showjumping, although they do need to provide their own horses

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Equality must always be assumed and provided for unless proved otherwise.
    That's qualifying what was claimed as a superlative.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

That's a collection of words that don't actually mean anything.

But you knew that didn't you

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    It could work in favour of women occasionally, for example in gymnastics, diving, or synchronised swimming

Also, men and women do compete equally in the showjumping, although they do need to provide their own horses
    Male or female horses?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

That's a collection of words that don't actually mean anything.

But you knew that didn't you
    It isn't, but you knew that already. You are more than familiar with the idea of qualifying a superlative.

I've read your posts FFS.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. Lounge   -   #36
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Women should be given the option to compete in the men's competitions but not made to. They should have their own events too. You'll probably find in most arenas women won't even try to compete with men because they won't be able to. I just don't like the idea of them being given a blanket 'no' without even a chance to try if they want. They shouldn't be given any extra dispensations though. And it would be really lame if they had to start looking like Paula Radcliffe to do it. Anyone remember that Russian female athlete that had to prove she was a woman because she looked so much like a man?
    well you'd only be encouraging more hulk like female athletes . Also from the male's perspective can be seen to be a tad unfair as women have the option of deciding to take part in either comp while men can only take part in one Also why would a woman want to take part in the men's because if she is able to meet the qualifying time more often than not that time will be gold in the women's.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Ive been saying this all of my life. It will never happen because someone will claim it isn't fair. Even though I consider it the most level playing field there can be.

That being said, we need Woman's Beach Volleyball 24/7
    Go Leafs Go.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post
    Women should be given the option to compete in the men's competitions but not made to. They should have their own events too. You'll probably find in most arenas women won't even try to compete with men because they won't be able to. I just don't like the idea of them being given a blanket 'no' without even a chance to try if they want. They shouldn't be given any extra dispensations though. And it would be really lame if they had to start looking like Paula Radcliffe to do it. Anyone remember that Russian female athlete that had to prove she was a woman because she looked so much like a man?
    well you'd only be encouraging more hulk like female athletes . Also from the male's perspective can be seen to be a tad unfair as women have the option of deciding to take part in either comp while men can only take part in one Also why would a woman want to take part in the men's because if she is able to meet the qualifying time more often than not that time will be gold in the women's.
    and no options involved. Just one event per sport.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    ^ but if one event=one sport you'll have heman women and who'd want that. I'll take my women's beach volleyball where women look like women .

Also taking a genetics view point even with hulks(women that is) they'll still always be lesser athletes regarding final performance since their bodies will never be as strong/powerful as a man.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Well I guess 1 exception... beach volleyball.

split that one into genders.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast