Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Olympics Idea

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Why do the women get paid the same as the men in Tennis tournaments. That's what I want to know. The women only play 3 set matches. Equality. Arsebiscuits.
    And also they are rubbish compared to men.

I would rather watch women playing tennis than men playing tennis..any and every day. Especially those with large boobs..( not that I have a fixation for large boobs, or anything,) but when two large boobs bounce in unison /harmony.... That goes for football too and most sports where women,... run.

PS. Take for example the Tour de France..who wants to see all those big male buts stuck in the air?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

And also they are rubbish compared to men.

I would rather watch women playing tennis than men playing tennis..any and every day. Especially those with large boobs..( not that I have a fixation for large boobs, or anything,) but when two large boobs bounce in unison /harmony.... That goes for football too and most sports where women,... run.

PS. Take for example the Tour de France..who wants to see all those big male buts stuck in the air?
    exactly

3. Lounge   -   #43
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Why do the women get paid the same as the men in Tennis tournaments. That's what I want to know. The women only play 3 set matches. Equality. Arsebiscuits.

Speaking of equality, today I just found out that in Volleyball (beach at least), the womans net is lower than the mens net. Yup equality.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

Speaking of equality, today I just found out that in Volleyball (beach at least), the womans net is lower than the mens net. Yup equality.
    i don't think they do well the men's prize at least in the past you used to get more for winning wimbeldon for example. Also if you look at earnings- Federer gets more than any female equivalent sponsorship wise so even if tour earnings are the same which I don't think they are he gets rewarded better monetary wise so it equates to the same thing ie: men get paid more in tennis and rightly deserve to as well.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    It isn't, but you knew that already. You are more than familiar with the idea of qualifying a superlative.

I've read your posts FFS.
    I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I got all my education from actually reading books not examining and classifying the words used in them.

The English language is a beautiful thing. There's few languages if any, that match up to it in terms of allowing a person to put their thoughts across. It pisses me off when people completely miss the point and use language to obfuscate rather than enlighten.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post

well you'd only be encouraging more hulk like female athletes . Also from the male's perspective can be seen to be a tad unfair as women have the option of deciding to take part in either comp while men can only take part in one Also why would a woman want to take part in the men's because if she is able to meet the qualifying time more often than not that time will be gold in the women's.
    The rest I've already answered previously.

We've already got hulk-like female athletes. They've got that way in an attempt to be top of the women's class, so I doubt being allowed to enter men's competitions would make much difference.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    It isn't, but you knew that already. You are more than familiar with the idea of qualifying a superlative.

I've read your posts FFS.
    I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I got all my education from actually reading books not examining and classifying the words used in them.

The English language is a beautiful thing. There's few languages if any, that match up to it in terms of allowing a person to put their thoughts across. It pisses me off when people completely miss the point and use language to obfuscate rather than enlighten.
    I was pished out of my face via the gift of apple and being on holiday. I have absolutely no idea what I meant either.

I thought that was fairly obvious.

FFS you were talking about getting a vegetarian eat as much as you want home delivery. So don't start on me.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Are you on holiday in your house?

Oh, my two cents as well;

Equality doesn't mean making everything exactly the same for both sexes.
    It means making everything as equal as possible, taking into consideration both strengths and weaknesses of said sexes.

So getting paid the same money for a different effort in absolute terms makes perfect sense, because it is the best both can do to their best ability, in relation to each other.

So there.
    Last edited by Skweeky; 08-10-2008 at 02:04 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Are you on holiday in your house?
    I've taken some time off but I'm not going away. Well nowt planned. Just pottering about, doing a bit of decorating. Blah de blah.

You're other points are well made. However why should women then be allowed to enter men's competitions. That seems a bit like eating your cake and having it. Maybe women wouldn't win, but they would be above at least some of the men. How is that fair on them. Particularly since lower down the field they more need the prize money just to live their life. That seems a bit unfair.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I never said women should be allowed to enter men's competitions. I think it's fine as it is, with everything being split.

Can you come to my house to do some decorating?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast