Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Problems

SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm downloading from SCT, the fastest tracker on earth right now, and I'm dowloading Beijing.Olympics.2008.Opening.Ceremony.720p.HDTV.x264-ORENJi which 90% of my peers, or more, are seedboxes.

Guess what, they are all downloading at a pretty constant 20-50 kbps to me, while the others are downloading at 5 mbps to 10 mbps. wtf?

I'm only downloading at 500 kbps to 1 mbps. That's kind of gay, no?

I have my speeds set to "optimal" settings as set by the uTorrent speedtest thing and I even set it a bit lower to see if that would help and a bit higher. This is pissing me off becuase one second I'm capping my speed (1.3-1.5 mbps) and it drops to 400 kbps out of NOWHERE.

halp?

Edit: Everyone seems to think I have a seedbox, I don't. I'm just saying, they are capping their download and I am not.
    Last edited by SenorBubbz; 08-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    o hai

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    fst is indeed the best place to talk about it

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by ose View Post
    sorry for the spam, but that was funny
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by ose View Post
    It is because I would rather whine and complain about it here than the SCT forums because doing it on the SCT forums would be rather disrespectful, but of course, based on your sarcastic spam, you would know nothing of respect or manners.
    o hai

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    So you think airing problems you are having with a download on fst is showing respect to sct:?:
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I'm not saying SCT is having problems, I'm saying my internet is messed up and I am requesting help for it.
    o hai

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    but if its your problem, then posting it there, would not be disrespectful surely.

anyway, what is your max download speed, are you connectable, are you maxing your upload, do they like you (that one is a joke)

it could be any number of reasons, and surely if you wanted to watch it that badly you would have just watched it like the other 5bn people around the world lol (thats a joke as well by the way)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    so what you're really trying to say is..... ?

sry, had to throw out some bio-dome humor there.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Only thing I can suggest is try a torrent from another site to see if the problem that you are having is restricted to Sct(although that would be unlikely).
    You could reboot your seedbox to see if that helps.
    And I too have been having some trouble there just not to your extent.
    If it helps I understand the reasoning why you might be reluctant to post this on the ScT forums SB.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Maybe you have bad routing to OVH servers, which is what I'm sure the majority of peers was composed of.

Or, if you're using a seedbox, you could be having cache complications which would limit speeds.

they didn't built Rome in one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast