Oy vay...
    I did that specially for you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    A BJ grabs the headline and everyone likes to hear about S E X

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I have no respect for his legal career.

I have no respect for the ideas he has proffered.

Apart from that, I give weight to the prospective personal behavior of any candidate.

Does conduct in office matter at all to you?
    Do you also take into consideration that the affair happened in 2006 and he told his wife about it, not because he got busted but back in 2006. He messed up, confessed to his wife and they got through it together now two years later everybody else is getting involved. I don't think it's any of our business.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by cullen7282 View Post
    Do you also take into consideration that the affair happened in 2006 and he told his wife about it, not because he got busted but back in 2006. He messed up, confessed to his wife and they got through it together now two years later everybody else is getting involved. I don't think it's any of our business.
    I take everything into consideration, and, absent this information, I couldn't consider it.

Have you taken into account that, considering the wide range of information one might select to define as "personal", or "off-limits", or "out-of-bounds", we would likely never find out anything other than that which a candidate would prefer us to see...are you saying that you would rather that be the case?

In his interview, he said he was stricken by an "attitude of privilege", thinking he "could do no wrong", and proceeded to act like a scumbag.

So now he feels guilt (or says he does, anyway) and wishes he hadn't done it?

Fine.

I'll take the info now, and feel shame down the road, somewhere.

Or not; maybe I'll just skip that part - you see, I judge things and people according to my standards, and I have never done anything remotely like what he's done, because I have higher standards.

That helps, when one has an inclination to be a judgmental prick.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
    A BJ grabs the headline and everyone likes to hear about S E X
    [/thread]
    This is what the media always has and always will do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12