Thread: Norton Antivirus 2004b4

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Heres a download mirror for norton 2004 beta 4 (the last beta was 5)
    There are 5 more mirrors but i will wait and see if this one get kicked off to post the others.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    im sure this is illegal and not allowed under the board rules i would remove it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yes it leagal sysmatec the makers of norton released and let people download it. Since the beta is over most people have stop haveing it on there site i found some that still have it so its leagal.

Oh also it a trial so it really leagal.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i wouldnt go for beta proggs, like longhorn, just to damn buggy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@20 August 2003 - 16:37
    i wouldnt go for beta proggs, like longhorn, just to damn buggy
    I agree

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@20 August 2003 - 22:23
    Yes it leagal sysmatec the makers of norton released and let people download it. Since the beta is over most people have stop haveing it on there site i found some that still have it so its leagal.

Oh also it a trial so it really leagal.
    it's a warez site

What is hard to understand about that?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ty crono, ya balamm to many of those gay things

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    No the ite i got it off wasnt a warez site i dont know what it i it was in russian, but it stillm not a warez site. It had multiple mirror links one of them was sysmatec. And yes the beta version it very buggy just like everyone says.

What the hell balamm it wasent a bad site this isnt hacking this isnt warez this isnt distributing it without sysmetec's permission. I Trial ware thats all its not crack or nothing damb.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Symantec requires you to sign up for their beta program. They require you to use a key that's usually mailed to you along with the download link. By participating in the beta program and getting a term of no cost antivirus protection and updates, you agree to provide information that will assist in further development of the program.
    Symantec did NOT authorize anyone to release this program or the keys and I would expect there was a legal clause in the original agreement or signup.

The site you posted was a warez site. There is absolutely no denying that.
    Almost every program on that page was copyrighted, cracked, and pirated.
    Hiding behind languages is not an excuse.
    The fact that someone else leaked this beta does NOT make it freeware or trialware.

If it was intended to be released by Symantec, then THEY would provide the download locations.
    They have not been known to cooperate with warez sites as mirrors in the past and I find that suggestion utter nonsense.

Look at this image and tell me you honestly think this is all free ware and trial ware