Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stop uploading when download completes ?

can i set my utorrent client to stop uploading when download completes ? or just stop the torrent as soon as it completes download ?

why ? my isp only allows the unlimited transfer at a particular time period , otherwise they would charge shit loads of money for every MB transfered
    i can start seeding manually on my allowed free transfer time .

any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by condom-man; 08-10-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    wear a condom all the time , yes at all times

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yes. Go to preferences->queueing.

Change 'seed while ratio is' to 1%. Tick the 'limit the upload rate' box, and put 0 in the box to the side, which you can now put a number in, to stop it right away.

edit: this is wrong as it does not stop it immediately. Ignore it.

edit2: I dont think the scheduler allows you to set the upload to 0kB either.
    Last edited by KennyX; 08-10-2008 at 07:55 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Best is to configure (schedule) your utorrent to be only active during your free transfer time, then you can forget about it.

Preferences/scheduler will get you going.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    What the Frenchman in the beret said.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    Yes. Go to preferences->queueing.

Change 'seed while ratio is' to 1%. Tick the 'limit the upload rate' box, and put 0 in the box to the side, which you can now put a number in, to stop it right away.

edit: this is wrong as it does not stop it immediately. Ignore it.

edit2: I dont think the scheduler allows you to set the upload to 0kB either.

i will play with that settings for a while and let me see if any thing works

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Best is to configure (schedule) your utorrent to be only active during your free transfer time, then you can forget about it.

Preferences/scheduler will get you going.
    thanks

edit:

when you right click on a torrent -properties-advanced - run program (run this program when the download finishes )

is it possible to make a batch file to stop the torrent
    Last edited by condom-man; 08-10-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I forgot to repost: options->auto shutdown and choose. This will stop uTorrent the second the downloads finish.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    donno if you can make a batch file but there's another setting in options->autoshutdown where you can exit program when downloading complete.

edit: oops KennyX beat me!
    anyway, try what SgtMajor suggested, it might be your best option unless you what to configure individual torrents.
    Last edited by saimer; 08-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thanks guys .. it works

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    n00b
    doing what you are trying to do will get you banned for hit & run a most private trackers, and personally I think if you can't get an ISP that doesn't limit your upload amounts, you have no business in the bittorrent community.
    DO NOT SPAM ME FOR INVITES, unless I have offered you one. anybody I don't know who PM's me asking for an invite will be reported to FST staff for spamming me. SPAMMERS are assholes!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    what harm does uploading do anyways unless dont have symmetric connectivity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast