Thread: above ground pools

惡魔的提倡者
    I'm thinking of buying my grandchildren an above ground pool, I'm doing it now for next year while they are on clearance.

Has anyone had any experience with salt water systems on an above ground? In particular anyone that lives in a hot area (100+) We've been using salt in our inground for a couple of years now with great satisfaction but depending on which "expert" we talk to in the pool supplies they think the systems can't cope with the extra heat or are the biz.
    I realize this won't be a busy thread but any personal experience + or - would be appreciated.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Above-ground saltwater?

Hadn't ever thought of that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    惡魔的提倡者
    An example of one of the sets in the running.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2953862

I'm pretty sure they photoshop the people into the pool. That or they are 10ft tall

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Makes sense, I suppose.

I know I hated maintaining the one I had (fresh-water).

Salt water should be much easier to maintain chemically, but salt may lead to other considerations, some of which occur to me from having had a few salt-water fish tanks.

Don't really know.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者
    They are considered fresh water, about 10% sea water salinity.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/corp/FAQS.pdf

As I said the proper pool systems work great but above ground has extra heat/algae considerations and given the price of these particular systems I'm guessing they might have trouble coping. As I said originally the pool supply people have differing views so I'm wondering if anyone has their own tale to tell.