Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Windows XP activation??

  1. #1
    net.Gh0st's Avatar wandering:hermit
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    floating in cyber_sp@ce
    Posts
    70
    Hi everyone,

    I'm in a rough spot and I was wondering if you guys could possibly toss me some advice.

    I'm in desperate need of a working copy of XP professional or home. I've searched the site and found some links for newsgroup nzb's that were outdated and no longer available.

    I called acer and asked them to send me an XP disc since they didn't include one when I bought my laptop off of newegg and I was told they dont have any more. I then spoke to microsoft service and was told that since it was OEM software I'd have to purchase a new copy.

    So i've got a copy of XP professional that I can't acquire any more activations for because i've used it on 2 seperate computers multiple times ... and then i've got the liscense for the acer copy on the bottom of this laptop which is useless because I dont have the disc.

    I tried using the A. disc with the B. liscense and that didn't work either [figured it was worth a shot]

    I'm reaching out for any help/advice/links anyone could contribute.

    I dont have the money to drop on another copy of windows.
    If anyone could help that would be really cool ...

    thank you
    ~ gh0st

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Search google for JellyBean Key changer and a Student key , problem solved .

    WGA crack will work too and easy to find .

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by net.Gh0st View Post
    So i've got a copy of XP professional that I can't acquire any more activations for because i've used it on 2 seperate computers multiple times ...
    You've tried phone activation with this one?
    I've never been turned down on the phone...just say it's the only PC it's installed on.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,747
    If you can get Student Edition (students learning about installing XP, not Greek Mythology) it's not a problem. MS expect it to be loaded onto loads of machines.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Typical Microsoft Eh , dudes got a legit copy and can't use it . Priceless .

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,747
    Indeed.

    I use student edition on machines which I bought with a copy. As far as I'm concerned I've already paid for it so why should I buy it again, just because I chose to format my hard drive.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    net.Gh0st's Avatar wandering:hermit
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    floating in cyber_sp@ce
    Posts
    70
    hi everyone ... many thanks for the help on this one ...

    The jellybean key changer , is there a safe and reputable site to grab this off of - currently I miss placed my antivirus software so I dont have much in the ways of protecting myself and usually all the stuff i've dl'd off a site [for warez] i've found in google has been viral.

    thanks
    ~ gh0st

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Why fool around with that kind of activation and keys. Instead look for Windows XP volume license and you'll get a key that doesn't need activation and the windows update will also work.

    Volume license works because it's a special key given to vendors to mass install windows xp on their hundreds of computers fast.
    Jeremy
    bikini

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,883
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini-dudes View Post
    Why fool around with that kind of activation and keys. Instead look for Windows XP volume license and you'll get a key that doesn't need activation and the windows update will also work.

    Volume license works because it's a special key given to vendors to mass install windows xp on their hundreds of computers fast.
    Apart from those 'blown' ones that M$ has blocked through WGA.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,747
    Quote Originally Posted by net.Gh0st View Post
    hi everyone ... many thanks for the help on this one ...

    The jellybean key changer , is there a safe and reputable site to grab this off of - currently I miss placed my antivirus software so I dont have much in the ways of protecting myself and usually all the stuff i've dl'd off a site [for warez] i've found in google has been viral.

    thanks
    ~ gh0st
    I would seriously think about this.

    Are you contemplating downloading and installing software without virus protection. I wouldn't even be on the internet.

    http://free.avg.com/
    Last edited by Mr JP Fugley; 08-12-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •