Thread: Is Windows Update Down?

Hey guys, is Windows Update site down? I tried it from three computer on my network just now 8/21/2003 01:24:27 EST and this is what I got:

"Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

The latest version of Windows Update is available on computers that are running Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 (except Windows 2000 Datacenter Server), Windows XP, and the Windows Server 2003 family."

2. Lounge   -   #2
    This is ODD!! I selected "Windows Update" from the Tools menu in IE6 and got that message above, but when I clicked on the link on MSN.com page, which is the same, it worked fine. Tested from three PC, even after reboot it happened. note, i have the latest patches, including the Blaster patch. ANY IDEAS?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by nikita69@21 August 2003 - 05:03
    Hey guys, is Windows Update site down? I tried it from three computer on my network just now 8/21/2003 01:24:27 EST and this is what I got:

"Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

The latest version of Windows Update is available on computers that are running Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 (except Windows 2000 Datacenter Server), Windows XP, and the Windows Server 2003 family."
    I've gotten that recently. Try running Ad-Aware 6, and then run Symantec Anti Virus. It seemed to improve things. You could also turn off any proxies you have running, they seem to cause this sort of thing to happen occasionally.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Stealthed firewalls will do that as well.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by balamm@21 August 2003 - 05:21
    Stealthed firewalls will do that as well.
    Yes, I had to setup way too many rules to make sure Sygate Personal Firewall Pro didn't muck with my updating.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    the site is still up but the link to the site your using was being attacked by the blaster worm so it was removed.

try here