Thread: Does anyone know...

I am new here. Appologies if my question appears a little basic.
    I recently transfered all of my vinyl records to digital .wave format. I sold the vinyl having no use for them any more.

My question - I now no longer need the digital collection and wondered if there was anything illegal selling the external hard disc on which its housed, complete with all wave files to anyone who wanted it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yes, that is illegal, though you won't find police knocking on your door either.

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well, I guess I knew that if truth be known. It just cuts my advertising options right down. I mean like eBay is right outta the question now.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Yes, that is illegal, though you won't find police knocking on your door either.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Try Craigslist.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i think it would be better if u just traded the stuff ... i doubt u will get buyers for yer music thought the same cantbe said fer yer ext HD ..

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hmmmm well I am in the uk so Craigslist is probablly out of the question.

Yeah the HDD is probably worth a few £s but hardly worth the effort.
    One guy already offered me £180 for the files. He had originally been interested in the records, but they were snapped up quickly off ebay by a collector.

So that was the source of my original question - and then wondering if I should run off more copies. I know the music companies would prolly go under because of such an enterprise... but....!!!