Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christiantorrents

pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    that's why before your able to download a file you must say 10 hail mary's. then your forgiven. i think it's in the user agreement somewhere.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    slymester's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"") BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    that's why before your able to download a file you must say 10 hail mary's. then your forgiven. i think it's in the user agreement somewhere.
    lmao dat was funny

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    TBH I play in a band.... one that ChristianTorrents acctually has torrents indexed for.
    (Im a member there)

The differance between most christian bands vs secular...
    Most christian bands arent doing what they do for money.
    Unlike secular bands who are doing what they do many times to make millions of dollars off a single album.
    (Theres probably a handful or so... that are.)
    So Most of them wouldnt care if your sharing their albums/music videos.
    Its really like a free promoting thing having your albums listed there.

I seriously know members from several other groups for instance Jars Of Clay, P.O.D., Newsboys, and Edison Glass...they probably wouldnt care less either if they knew their albums were posted their either. TBH I beleive the drummer from JOC has an account there as well
    Alot of punk rock, hardcore, and especially grindcore bands are athiests and satanists, the complete opposite of christian bands. Those genres are notorious for not making big money. There are tons of Christian bands who are 'in it for the money': P.O.D., Switchfoot, Anberlin, Lifehouse, Underoath, and Relienk K to name a few popular ones.

I doubt you can form a successful argument that Christian musicians are in music less for the money than non-christians.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 08-17-2008 at 05:42 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    TBH I play in a band.... one that ChristianTorrents acctually has torrents indexed for.
    (Im a member there)

The differance between most christian bands vs secular...
    Most christian bands arent doing what they do for money.
    Unlike secular bands who are doing what they do many times to make millions of dollars off a single album.
    (Theres probably a handful or so... that are.)
    So Most of them wouldnt care if your sharing their albums/music videos.
    Its really like a free promoting thing having your albums listed there.

I seriously know members from several other groups for instance Jars Of Clay, P.O.D., Newsboys, and Edison Glass...they probably wouldnt care less either if they knew their albums were posted their either. TBH I beleive the drummer from JOC has an account there as well

hahaha.
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    That site has always cracked me up.

If its for a higher good, is it stealing?

Torrents for Jesus
    Its like minded peeps getting together and sharing their stuff
    Music,Movies etc and enjoying a community spirit

Why would that crack you up, their peeps that still have sex ,fart and do what ever other peeps do but believe in a higher power.
    Sure they have a right to share their stuff as we all do

berenger you crack us up but hey each to our own

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    yeah, isn't there something in the commandments or whatever about stealing?

funny shit
    yes, there is.

stealing and copyright infringement are different things to different people though... personally, I see it as stealing, and if I were a christian, I wouldn't approve of it. however, I'm a person of very little morals and of no particular religion, and it doesn't matter to me what I download.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    Cracked me up,thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The level of intelligence in this thread nearly became tolerable, thanks to WowZrBrowser, T.S.O.L, silvetec...pity about people like puckface.

Anyway, the whole CT concept seems a little hypocritical, but not anywhere near as hypocritical antitraders whinging about traders breaking the rules of trackers which are breaking the law.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Lets put this in some sort of perspective...

Now for those who share files & believe in Christ & question whether or not it is wrong then the Bible says to obey the law of the land & if the law is obscure then let your conscience be your guide.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    and the bible also endorses incest, bestiality, homophobia and murdering people who have affairs, but you see no one quoting those parts. Anyway, there's no point arguing with religious people - it's like trying to ask a drunk man for a lift home. You're going to fail either way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast