Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need A Good Filesharing Program

Hi,

I was wondering what file sharing program you guys recommend using. I've used ares for awhile, but since it's no longer being developed I haven't been able to connect to download anything. I've tried limewire several times, but I never find what I need and usually end up with a virus on my pc and emule takes forever to download files. Are there any good file sharing programs left?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What sort of content will you be downloading?

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mainly music.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I highly recommend Soulseek. http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

I've been using it for years and I can't recall ever getting a virus.

The client has a bit of a mind of it's own at times and can be a tiny bit buggy, but overall it is a fantastic network.

Not that you'll need it as the installation and setup is a sinch, but here is a small guide - https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...-guide-67507/?

I've give you a few pointers on some of the unwritten rules of Soulseek too:

First and foremost - always share! Set up your shared folders by going to Options > Shared Folders Configuration. If you don't, most of your downloads will be cut off by users who see you aren't sharing.

2nd - Try not to queue up more than 2 albums at a time. This isn't a rule, but merely a shared opinion amount many users.

3rd - Don't share music under 192kbps. Again, not a rule but a common opinion.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks! I'll give it a try.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Or you could try BT for it, there is alot of private/public sites that have good speeds.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I have to agree with soulseek. It's muchos better than BT for music.
    Another option I use is imeem. It's great for stealing non-commercial music.
    Now go away.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    bmh67wa's Avatar Poster
    There are still a few OpenNap servers around too. I seem to be able to find some of the more rare and obscure stuff there. A list of active ervers can be found here: http://gotnap.com/index.php?loc=list

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    why not DC ++ just create ur own hub and let's go party !!!
    (And i think DC++ have a CRC check or sum like that implemented which is very good)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Soulseek and Bearshare are fairly the best when music comes to download.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast