Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: In Essence

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.sharer View Post
    hey jp aka sextent aka atleast 5 other different nicks with combined post count of more than 20,000 , who do you think actually spends more time here posting shit harshing newbs . it doesnt end there , i saw one of your post actually telling CG to stop replying to a noob in the "last one to post gets a cawk" thread . how pathetic is that ? oh wait yea , she cant think for herself . she needs the help of the mighty JP cawk to make decisions on the internets

and about you trading rants , if you are so concerned about that shit , why dont you convince rossco to shut down that section ? what ? he doesnt give a shit what you tards think ? yea right . the bt section is the one directing 90% of the traffic here , not the shit hole called lounge
    You make me laugh, ya big silly.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Chuck Norris couldn't even kill the lounge (he tried in 2004).

-bd

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Even Ron and the cucumber didn't manage it.

Although it did kill Razz

4. Lounge   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Seriously ... the Lounge died, or will die due to the fact there not many regulars/senior members still posting in the lounge, and the new(er) members that dare to step into the Lounge are professionally ignored by some of the regular Lounge posters.

Just check it out, if you read through a lot of the posts in the Lounge you can see certain (older) members just react to other (older) members and completely ignore other people's postings.

They are free to do so off course but I think that is one of the reasons why the Lounge is/will die.
    However there are a couple of things I would take exception to.

1. People aren't "professionally ignored" that's just nonsense. They are systematically ignored.

2. So what, surely it's my right (and everyone else's) to reply to what I want to. Or indeed who I want to. That's certainly what I do and intend to continue doing. If new people come along who are interesting (it does happen) I will react to them.

3. Why should I, or anyone else, pander to people posting nonsense. It's their prerogative to post it. It's mine to ignore it. That's kind of the deal.

4. This whole "dare to step into the Lounge" thing is hackneyed tripe. It's an internet forum, not a bar in Sherringham. Or have the young of today grown overly sensitive to the written word. I find that doubtful.

5. If people join this forum to trade invites, then decide to have a nice chat they aren't really my cup of tea. So I ignore them or tell them to fuck off. I genuinely don't see that as being unreasonable.

6. People move on, shit happens. That's how the World works.

When I say "a couple" I mean "a few" obviously. Actually more than a few but I paired it down.
    I would like to agree with the essence of this while insisting on one clarification/improvement/fact.

Anent your point 5 (five):

Please be advised that while you are not at all unreasonable, you are eminently disreasonable.

I know this to be true.

As for all you hit-and-runs artists who decided early on you weren't just going to lurk - put something into your posting other than your fingers, eh?

That's all we ask.

Peace, out.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I'm stunned...there's more than one JP in here?
    You think you're stunned.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I agree with both of you (Disme and Sextent) if that makes the least sense.
    I will add that I only really mind when new people are only posting to seek the approval of the veterans and while at the same time devaluing their peers.
    The familiarity argument doesn't hold water then. They are only looking to gain another level just like in the invite section.
    No, wait.

Poll.

Yes...one of you people who're feeling put-upon and oppressed by the vets in the Lounge, start a poll - DO IT NOW.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I hope that you are not using me as an example because I feel neither put upon or oppressed.
    I do find your phrasing mildly offensive though (you people?) but I appreciate that it must be difficult to write with your head up your ass.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    but I appreciate that it must be difficult to write with your head up your ass.
    I don't find it difficult at all.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.sharer View Post
    hey jp aka sextent aka atleast 5 other different nicks with combined post count of more than 20,000 , who do you think actually spends more time here posting shit harshing newbs . it doesnt end there , i saw one of your post actually telling CG to stop replying to a noob in the "last one to post gets a cawk" thread . how pathetic is that ? oh wait yea , she cant think for herself . she needs the help of the mighty JP cawk to make decisions on the internets

and about you trading rants , if you are so concerned about that shit , why dont you convince rossco to shut down that section ? what ? he doesnt give a shit what you tards think ? yea right . the bt section is the one directing 90% of the traffic here , not the shit hole called lounge
    He is sooo under your skin.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Chuck Norris couldn't even kill the lounge (he tried in 2004).

-bd
    Still trying, cawkmunch.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast