Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 Iso Label

I got both of the isos, and installed them fine. I am using Daemon tools to read them instead of actually burning them. My problem is i dont want to use the no cd crack. It doesnt work right, and it makes the game crash. I was wondering if anyone knew what name the game was using to look for the cd. I mean the label that if you were to pop the cd in your machine, you go to my computer and see what the cd is actually called. If anyone could tell me that would be great. I havent really seen this question, so i am sorry if someone else has posted this.

2. Games   -   #2
    I don't think you can run the game without a No-Cd crack unless you download a Clone CD image like the one in Verified Hashes - I have the ISOs and couldn't get past the Insert CD message

3. Games   -   #3
    The exe program looks for a the cd by a certain name, and if it cant find the cd by that certain name, it wont load. It also must have the right files, or it wont work also. So you cant trick it. An iso is just a cd without the cd. It will work if someone will just tell me the name.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by BrianF@21 August 2003 - 15:00
    The exe program looks for a the cd by a certain name, and if it cant find the cd by that certain name, it wont load. It also must have the right files, or it wont work also. So you cant trick it. An iso is just a cd without the cd. It will work if someone will just tell me the name.
    It's not that simple, if it was there would be no point to no-cd cracks.

5. Games   -   #5
    How is it not that simple? If you have the iso, and its correct, then it should work. CD cracks are good if its a rip, or you dont want to have the iso or cd around. It is simple. I know that there is more to the security, but thats not the point. I just need the name of the cd please. Thats all i need.

6. Games   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Why dont you just mount the iso and then go to my computer and read whats there?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Games   -   #7
    Because i already did, and its not the right one. I think whoever made it, changed it, because the second cd is a bunch of numbers. Thanks though.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by BrianF@21 August 2003 - 16:04
    How is it not that simple?  If you have the iso, and its correct, then it should work.  CD cracks are good if its a rip, or you dont want to have the iso or cd around.  It is simple.  I know that there is more to the security, but thats not the point.  I just need the name of the cd please.  Thats all i need.
    That's not right.
    All of my games are either bin's or iso's that have been burnt to disc.
    Just about all of them require no-cd cracks.

On my copy of bf1942 the second cd is labelled with a series of numbers, if that was the wrong label the installation process wouldn't recognise it.

And why would be people change the label, it serves absolutely no purpose.

9. Games   -   #9
    They require cracks because they arent named right. Or you dont know what your doing. The installation process looks for the names of the files on the cd, not the cds name itself. And they might have changed the name because they might have several copies of that particular file, working on it, or many other reasons. People do all sorts of things that dont make sense.

10. Games   -   #10
    Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast