Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OVH in Canada?

I seem to recall alot of folks saying they have picked up an OVH in Canada, however I don't see any option for this in any of their menus. Anyone feel like sharing some knowledge?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    ovh.com supports Canada (Quebec)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    only quebec...before they didn't care if anyone else did...but now with the SMS verification only quebec can..
    i be lurking

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    OVH will be available to more countries next month. Including the US and Canada.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    OVH will be available to more countries next month. Including the US and Canada.
    Proof!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005 View Post
    Proof!
    and now i saw ovh offering at least 3 month contrat per one server + windows os set up

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I keep hearing this a lot, but I thought OVH was opening only some, but not all services and the dedicated servers would not be one of the new offers in new countries. Anyone have more details on this?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It doesn't matter. Aren't they cracking down on P2P anyway?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    It doesn't matter. Aren't they cracking down on P2P anyway?
    Yes, they started cracking down on P2P, since they started getting complaints for copyright infringement.

And since almost everyone who wants a seedbox prefers them because they offer 100Mbit links without any bandwidth restrictions, i can see them taking this a lot more seriously in the near future.

I would still be willing to give them a shot, if i could find a decent reseller though, lol.
    Last edited by stacker; 08-17-2008 at 01:53 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    About the OVH, this seems to be a bit misleading. If you read the forum carefully, the take-down notice for the seedbox posted there is using a public tracker (torrent-downloads.to).

I have not yet read of anyone have their box in OVH being pulled for using a private tracker.

OVH has stated that they will only take down the server if they get a notice (such as from The Sims’ maker : EA), and that seems unlikely private trackers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast