Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HDBits invites open again.

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    oh!! BCG mentioned, should I shouldnt I, hmm OK definetely yes just cant help myself lol

I have got 1.8MBs on a 16 month old game before, with only 5 seeders, because

A: We have a bloody good community

B: If you want SP on any torrent you can only seed so many, you cant sit there seeding 400 360 games and just get your global ratio up that way, you have to be careful and actually manage your torrents better, which = better speeds for the leechers.

C: members that want PU/SPU or just to keep PU/SPU go back and reseed old games if it looks like they need reseeding, helping that torrent go faster for the leecher.

Honestly some of the arguments i hear about our system are just bloody silly, if it did not work, we would not have 15 seeders on a torrent on the last page of browse, which is about 18 months ago they were uploaded, they would either be dead and buried, or just 1 seeder seeding @ 1KBs along with 400 torrents in his client and the leechers would be crying.

OK carry on with HDbits
    Last edited by stoi; 08-16-2008 at 08:34 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    oh!! BCG mentioned, should I shouldnt I, hmm OK definetely yes just cant help myself lol

I have got 1.8MBs on a 16 month old game before, with only 5 seeders, because

A: We have a bloody good community

B: If you want SP on any torrent you can only seed so many, you cant sit there seeding 400 360 games and just get your global ratio up that way, you have to be careful and actually manage your torrents better, which = better speeds for the leechers.

C: members that want PU/SPU or just to keep PU/SPU go back and reseed old games if it looks like they need reseeding, helping that torrent go faster for the leecher.

Honestly some of the arguments i hear about our system are just bloody silly, if it did not work, we would not have 15 seeders on a torrent on the last page of browse, which is about 18 months ago they were uploaded, they would either be dead and buried, or just 1 seeder seeding @ 1KBs along with 400 torrents in his client and the leechers would be crying.

OK carry on with HDbits
    Why torrents have to be recycled :S Let them live for evah
    Im kay

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Good news

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    thats easy

A: some members probably most, do not understand the SP system so are still scared to download a torrent on the last page of browse.

B: Some member never look further than the 1st page of browse, so will never ever see them.

C: They may very well last forever, but may as well bring new life into them, so those members that have been seeding them for ages, can get some upload by uploading to leechers.

D: Not many recycled torrents go slow, and every single recycled torrent is from the last page of browse, so again have been on the site for 18 months.

E: To give the seeders a kick up the arse, just incase they are seeding at a pitiful pace, moving it to the top of browse should make them pick the speed up a bit.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    thats easy

A: some members probably most, do not understand the SP system so are still scared to download a torrent on the last page of browse.

B: Some member never look further than the 1st page of browse, so will never ever see them.

C: They may very well last forever, but may as well bring new life into them, so those members that have been seeding them for ages, can get some upload by uploading to leechers.

D: Not many recycled torrents go slow, and every single recycled torrent is from the last page of browse, so again have been on the site for 18 months.

E: To give the seeders a kick up the arse, just incase they are seeding at a pitiful pace, moving it to the top of browse should make them pick the speed up a bit.
    Couldnt be more clear ! Do you mind if i add you to my friendlist?
    I rly admire ya
    Im kay

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    go ahead mate but i have about 15 waiting lol and im going to a wedding very soon to get hammered (pissed/drunk) so i probably wont be able to accept you till tomorrow now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    go ahead mate but i have about 15 waiting lol and im going to a wedding very soon to get hammered (pissed/drunk) so i probably wont be able to accept you till tomorrow now.
    No probs just accept it when ya have time
    Im kay

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ClodiuS's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +2
    Any hdbits staff here?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ClodiuS View Post
    Any hdbits staff here?
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenBuffet View Post
    Invites - 15/08/08

We've opened up the invites again.
    We've reset your invites a bit: users > 720p received 1 invite.

Everybody lost their old amount of invites.

PLEASE do NOT come whinig in forums, IRC or staff pm about it.

yea...

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    hassaan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by binocular View Post

Almost all of the Chinese IP has been banned because of a feckin' trader
    All Turkey and Poland ips too
    Because of few bad people so many genuine users have to suffer.

lol
    Last edited by hassaan; 08-16-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast