Thread: First Jamacian 100 m Gold

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I love the track events the best and was fun to watch Usain Bolt destroy the field . Cripes if he didn't stumble out of the blocks and fart around at the end ........

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The man is a superior human being.Watching him play with a field of the best sprinters in the world was one for the ages.

Although it will no doubt be overshadowed by the Michael Phelps story, it was clearly the performance of the Olympics.

And I'm you, I know it goes with the sprinter cockiness but just once I'd like to see the winner run through the finish line.If Bolt did maybe he could have done 9.6.

People should make these guys realize that at that level you could eassily blow a muscle in the next race and never have another chance.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The man is a superior human being.
    And I'm you, I know it goes with the sprinter cockiness but just once I'd like to see the winner run through the finish line.If Bolt did maybe he could have done 9.6.

People should make these guys realize that at that level you could eassily blow a muscle in the next race and never have another chance.
    Well-noted, but these guys are already setting up for life after, and the demographic screams for hot-dogs over leg-of-lamb.

I'm sure he's got a team of New York advisors telling him so, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its too bad that the Yank Gay did n't make the final , He was the one I was pulling for after reading a quote by him . I think the fastest man should be the king of the games tho .

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Just too fast for everyone

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    i too wanted to see tyson in it, but even tyson's best efforst couldn't catch bolt, tyson best effort was 9.68 wind aided, the wind was twice the legal wind speed which rounded his time to 9.77. bolt did 9.69, and basically jogged the last 15m, longer stronger strides

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    sumvell's Avatar Poster
    Bolt is amazing. Never seen someone demolish a 100m event like that (except my college event)
    The early bird gets the worm. But the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.