Thread: Norton Coperate Wont Reinstall

Hi,
    I used to have norton Antivirus Corperate Edition i uninstalled that and tried to install Norton Antivirus 2003 and it says that i should uninstall Norton Corperate Edition First before trying to install 2003 even though i already have uninstalled it! And i also cant reinstall Norton Corperate either
    Now my computer has no Virus protection at all How can i fix this problem?
    Thanx
    P.S Here is the exact message that comes up.

Setup has found Norton AntiVirus corperate Edition on your computer. You should uninstall it before installing Norton AntiVirus 2003. If you are not sure if you should replace it, ask your network administrator.

I then click ok and it comes up with another message
    Fatal error
    Installation ended prematurely becuase of an error.

P.S
    Could some one please give a UUHASH thang for AVG Pro? I Have serached for it but i cannot find it :/

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    I once read somewhere that Symantec has a programm on their site which cleans and removes a Symantec product such as NAV. Check their site out for this tool and use it.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by bitterbeer@21 August 2003 - 15:37
    Hi,
    I used to have norton Antivirus Corperate Edition i uninstalled that and tried to install Norton Antivirus 2003 and it says that i should uninstall Norton Corperate Edition First before trying to install 2003 even though i already have uninstalled it! And i also cant reinstall Norton Corperate either
    Now my computer has no Virus protection at all How can i fix this problem?
    Thanx
    P.S Here is the exact message that comes up.

Setup has found Norton AntiVirus corperate Edition on your computer. You should uninstall it before installing Norton AntiVirus 2003. If you are not sure if you should replace it, ask your network administrator.

I then click ok and it comes up with another message
    Fatal error
    Installation ended prematurely becuase of an error.

P.S
    Could some one please give a UUHASH thang for AVG Pro? I Have serached for it but i cannot find it :/
    check your registry for any folders left behind .stuff like that happens quiet a lot , u just have to delete the rest manually
    Open your mind

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    HERE is nortons site with the removal utility.
    If Nortons antivirus is all that you have installed, I would suggest removing (add/remove programs) all of their installed products; restart, and browse your programs folders and delete any folder remains that pertain to nortons.
    Run your favorite registy cleaner and try a reinstall of the product of your choice.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanx i will try that