Thread: how can i delete internet explorer in windows vista?

abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i have this problem in window vista also in xp, i cant close internet explorer in the task manage even when internet explorer pages r closed
    so can any body tell me how to close these processes or to remove internet explorer ?
    thanx all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i use a program call task killer to kill the program that dosent close when you click on it in task manager
    try it,it might work,it might not,but i work for me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    To kill internet explorer you kill the proccess or processes iexplore.exe in task manager but you should get that fixed. Normally IE hangs or stops responding because of a plugin, it could be due to malware as well. have you tried reseting the IE options to defaults and hitting the erset button in IE? have you done a spyware scan?

process explorer is a good program to watch what dlls or what other files may be running when you start Internet explorer. It's useful to detect malware that may be attached to IE. If you have toolsbars, remove them as well. process explorer is kind of an advanced tool but probably one of the best programs ever created for tracking down viruses and other crap.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    thanx everybody it is working with me
    i used task killer and it is great thnx very much