Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trackers banning Brazilian IPs

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post

Let me remember you that portugueses are in the same list.
    not in the trackers i care for, and in case you don't know bmtv is opening up for static ip portuguese members, i know they already did several of them, and i guess you know what will happen next.. they will prove good and the pt ban will be lifted..
    inform yourself before making stupid assumptions
    peace
    The only one who is making stupid things here, and not in this only thread precisely, it´s you.
    Is it true or not that Portuguese have been banned from many sites by cheating?
    That static IP thing applies for any other banned country.

And my comment was due to the fact that you left torrent related conversation and felt into personal disqualification to each and every Brazilian calling them "malandros", which, by the way does not mean "lazy", it means "delinquent".

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    They ,ay be a country of cheaters, but they still have to learn how to do it from somewhere, and i know its definately not the trackers that are teaching them.
    There`re about 65454...5465 forums arround the web...they don`t need to learn exactly from a brazilian one

I`m not saying that we don`t have cheaters here, but there aren`t 98% of users like you said and I believe that must be always the same bad users cheating in trackers (when I say "always the same bad user" I mean hundreds of persons..we have a population of 180.000.000+ ).

btw, the forum is orkut.com
    Last edited by BOOM; 08-19-2008 at 08:31 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yeah thats it.

Thing is we havnt even banned them so i dont even know why the hell im posting in here lol, i can just understand why trackers do ban them, because its a hell of a lot easier than banning them once they are in.

and i can say its not far off 98%, that may have been a slight exageration, but its not far off.

it is an epidemic, and im not saying their are not good users from those countries, of course there is, but there are a lot more bad than good im afraid.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    We must ban all people from the countries responsible for launch cheat programs

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    We must ban all people from the countries responsible for launch cheat programs
    Vai trabalhar, malandro!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Agreed 100%

It is not like we have some sort of "Al Qaeda" boot camp of cheaters here.

Very honestly, let´s say that 80% of Brazilian torrent users just stay in public forums (piratebay), local trackers or lvl 1,2 privates. Some of those who are in lvl 1 or 2 are simply hit´n´runners. Considering a few exceptions, 99% are not willing to donate to keep a tracker alive. I am sure those are not tempting numbers to any tracker.

But my initial thread intended to argue that profiling users based on their country and blocking IPs will not stop cheaters at all. And those who are good users are the ones that are, in fact, harmed by such type of measures.

But anyway, I am just dreaming out loud with a better world..

We can, of course, assume that users from certain countries "tend to cheat" and trackers should exercize caution on them , but IMHO it is a long long way from comments such as "scum of the eath", "hoodlums" and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think on the forums over there, they tell their members how to cheat, and how to get away with it, and to just keep doing it, as its easy, so everyone does it. (but more often than not they do get caught)
    That`s the most crazy theory that I had ever seen uhauhahuahua

In fact, we must have cheaters recruitment groups, where mebers are all ordered per you cheater capacity level haahauhhuuha
    Just to get on Stoi´s nerve, on Orkut.com there are at least 3 or 4 communities just for BCG. Could not spot any clear-cut evidence of cheating there, just a bunch of 2,000 fans of his tracker.

btw, the forum is orkut.com [/quote]
    Last edited by tjbzonasul; 08-19-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well thats why i will not ban them, i know we have about 8,000 Brazilians on the tracker, and all of those are good members (or at least they have not been caught cheating lol j/k).

But when we do open up, a hell of a lot do cheat, and it is not just 10-12, it is 1000`s of the blighters that get in and cheat.

On BCG we do not ban any countries, but on the other hand, these type of users are the reason we are probably never going to open again, hopefully our referal system works great so we do not have to open again. but it is because of these why we remain shut.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-19-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post

not in the trackers i care for, and in case you don't know bmtv is opening up for static ip portuguese members, i know they already did several of them, and i guess you know what will happen next.. they will prove good and the pt ban will be lifted..
    inform yourself before making stupid assumptions
    peace
    The only one who is making stupid things here, and not in this only thread precisely, it´s you.
    Is it true or not that Portuguese have been banned from many sites by cheating?
    That static IP thing applies for any other banned country.

And my comment was due to the fact that you left torrent related conversation and felt into personal disqualification to each and every Brazilian calling them "malandros", which, by the way does not mean "lazy", it means "delinquent".
    lol, you wanna teach me portuguese language?
    i know the meaning of "malandro", and malandro means lazy, even my parents call me malandro sometimes, and so, it does NOT mean delinquent

by the way, do you read the papers? of course not, i'll help you

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/br-brazil/cri-crime
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...tted-by-youths

what can i say? thank you for sheding some light into this thread, delinquents is the right word for them but only you used it, not me, so who is personaly disqualificating them?
    i rather call them lazy and if you don't agree that's your problem
    don't make stupid assumptions, it only makes you look stupid, pardon the redundance..

now you can go pick up the stupid things i'm saying in other threads.. or get informed so you don't look stupid again.. or am i personaly disqualificating you?
    Last edited by jokzor; 08-20-2008 at 09:19 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Least them buggers are getting caught. Should break their modems too!!

Would be interesting to see a pie chart on who actually does the most cheating... country by country.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Bammers, I think this will be great intel for any tracker. If only admins would share that info....
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234