Thread: Ddr Or Sdram?

Ive read Lamsey's bit on Ram before any one posts a link to it. My board will only take DDR 2100 ram and SDRAM 133. I have 256 of sdram at the moment is there a huge difference between sdram 133 and ddr 2100 because I was going to buy some ddr but if there isnt then theres no point. Please help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ddr ram will run at twice the speed of the sdram, what are the rest of your system specs to see if it will make a diff.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    the difference is huge! pc2100 means it can process upto 2.1gb of info per sec, pc2700 2.7gb per sec etc etc, i cant remember wot the speeds are for sdram133 but it aint nowhere near ddr performance, you will see a marked improvement if you trade up to ddr, go here if you in uk.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ram prices are pretty high at the moment though. and if he's not got a fast processor there aint that much point.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    v true what specs are ya pc? coz it dont matter how fast the memory is you install, it will only go as fast as ya processor/hdrive speed etc etc, i would only bother if you got at least 1gig processor

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    XP1600 o/c to 1.7, 64mb g-card, 30 gb hard disk and im running 256 sdram

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    you should definately upgrade to ddr ram, you will notice a huge difference in performance/start up etc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Livy@22 August 2003 - 14:55
    ram prices are pretty high at the moment though. and if he's not got a fast processor there aint that much point.
    apparently the prices won't go down until the end of the year - and even then it could go up

it's all very complicated business type stuff
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants