Thread: Anyone Opposed To Cutting Out The Credits?

I've noticed that several (re)encodes that I've seen have the end credits still in the movie. Wouldn't it make sense to get rid of them, that way the movie would be shorter, and therefore could have a higher bitrate (better quality movie)?
    Or is this against some "unwritten" rule?

Just a thought

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Forum Star
    i dont use them myself, but i can understand why people would want them, for music credits and stuff, and i dont think the quality of the picture would be that much better by losing them and still keeping it around 700 m's

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Very true, some credits are short...
    I'm thinking in terms of Matrix Reloaded... the credits are rediculously long, 5+ minutes (somewhere around 8 minutes I think). That can add a little extra bitrate, don't you think? It would probably help most in VBR, rather than constant-bitrate

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Forum Star
    i guess you have a point, i just checked 2 fast 2 furious and it's credits 7 mins+, and on a 147 min film i suppose it could be upped a bit - maybe even just the sound, i'm not too clued up on all the in's and out's about encoding, but i reckon people who do like to use them like them for the music credits, and theyre normally the last ones to come up

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Personally, I quite like looking at credits after a movie. I don't want to just get up and take out the dvd, or close windows media player. I like to sit on the sofa and finish my beer listening ot the music or watching the outtakes after a movie. Also, more often than not with friends we try and guess famous actors names or think "who is that again?" or try and remember what other films they were in, so seeing the credits proves which one of us would be right.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    im split two ways on credits

if i download a crappy avi copy of a movie ,i usually just watch it on my pc then delete it after therefore credits not needed

if however im downloading a movie for example an exellent dvd rip to burn to dvd i like the credits intact

this is just me though its a personal thing

im just a fussy welsh git

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Forum Star
    this got me thinking/reminiscing , i remember the old man used to take me to the flicks years (and years) ago, and wouldnt let us leave till the credits had rolled and he made me read all the names and jobs out loud, 'cept the ones that i blinked and missed (the big words) - i say keep'em....

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by ezyryder@22 August 2003 - 18:16
    Also, more often than not with friends we try and guess famous actors names or think "who is that again?" or try and remember what other films they were in, so seeing the credits proves which one of us would be right.
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one that does that.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    old school
    I usually need the credits for finding an actor's name, or music credits. I always hate it when a song is in a movie but not included in the soundtrack.