Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti-virus 2009 :dam:

maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pretorians View Post
    kaspersky is good.
    they protect their software license too good in my opinion .
    @peatmoss
    Still I don't agree with that becoz my pirated KIS 2009 key is still working. 299 days remaining
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Honest to god ..

The EASIEST way to get rid of this virus is use ANY of the two following programs:
    1.) Spybot Search & Destroy v.160
    2.) Spyware Detector

Thank me later.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    a7mednour's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    sounds like a job for "vundofix"..you gotta know the name of the dll file or files causing the problem tho..checking the system/system 32 folders and monitoring running processes can reveal the name sometimes..checking browser addons, checking dates of when files are created and last used knowing you didn't install anything..files with weird stupid names like "glajhlfahg.exe/.dll" <--made that up lol

this is the program i always use to remove browser hijackers that keep regenerating on reboot or are hidden

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    snakebite's Avatar Need Help BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Ok...Download kaspersky Internet software and do an update then run a full scan then u will have the problem fix up...the only anti virus program that actually really works is kaspersky.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    Ok...Download kaspersky Internet software and do an update then run a full scan then u will have the problem fix up...the only anti virus program that actually really works is kaspersky.
    Posts like this aren't helpful; no singular anti-malware program is guaranteed to cure all problems or detect new threats.

I use Kaspersky myself - even paid for it - but I know it's not the be-all and and-all of computer security.
    Indeed, I have spent a week trying to nail down what looks like a new vundo variant and a trojan that were extremely resilient.
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    cacls c:\wndows\virus name.exe /p guest:n
    Thanks for that little tip - finally think I've got a laptop sorted.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123