Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Call me Dummy!!!

Im going to cool the CPU, GPU, Northbridge, southbridge, and Mosfet. 5Hit if my kid stops running around I might watercool him too!!!

The more pics the better man thanks I could use all the ideas I can get.

A very special thanks goes out to clocker for all of his ongoing help. I know I can be annoying at times with all the questions but he is always here to help.
    Will have a nosey for more stuff to what your after

My name is Dan for the people who care!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    ATM Im looking into res placement and UV lighting

@Clock Dude I would NEVER get sick of you if anything it will prob be the other way around, all my pestering and questioning you, YOU should be sick of me if anything.
    Last edited by Detale; 08-25-2008 at 12:23 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    what case have you got detale? also you wanting the rad external or internal?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I ordered the Silverstone tj07

Not really sure yet I'm playing around with ideas until my parts come. I think I can only make the final descision when I see what it's going to look like in person. I did get it in Ferrari Red though

I'v been looking at as many WC rigs as I can to get more and more ideas to add a little sizzle to it. I have a few ideas in the works but I am still on the lookout.
    Last edited by Detale; 08-26-2008 at 12:32 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I'v been looking at as many WC rigs as I can to get more and more ideas to add a little sizzle to it. I have a few ideas in the works but I am still on the lookout.
    I sure hope that "a little sizzle" means clever install/better parts and not neon lights/UV coolant additives.

Just sayin....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Well a little UV never hurt anyone....has it? Also Are you saying coolant additives are bad?

I swear I will only install the best parts as per "the clocker code" LOL. I didn't tell you but I went with the EK res you suggested over the "snazzy" bay one I was thinking about so I picked function over flavor there.

I think it will work out quite nice Thanks C

While I'm on the subject I have seen the res mounted many times over right above the pump with a short tube between the two, is this a performance thing or simply conformity??

I have also read about flushing the system especially the RAD with 2 gallons or more of distilled, is this true or overkill??
    Last edited by Detale; 08-26-2008 at 10:53 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I've never flushed any of my new parts although I suppose it's not a bad idea.
    Any additive to the distilled water you'll be using degrades the performance (and you will be using distilled water, right?).
    That was one reason I suggested the black Tygon tubing...it limits the amount of light that can get to the water thus inhibiting any growth.
    My systems run straight (distilled) water and I've never seen anything bad floating around.

EK actually makes a top for your pump that allows the reservoir to screw directly to the intake (here). The less the pump has to labor to draw fluid into the intake, the better.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Straight distilled huh.....Ummm yeah I was going to sure. No in all honesty I was going to get a colored water non conductive thing to happen, it sounds good to me. I know I know but I swear I was going to the the bacteria-cide or whatever also.

That is odd I was just going to ask you about this attachment that puts the res on top also but I think it makes it one piece with no hose.

XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Pump Attachment

Yes/No??
    Last edited by Detale; 08-27-2008 at 01:08 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Same concept, different execution.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I already ordered the other one, but what do you think is this as good/better/worse than a conventional Res? What about the Radiators/Reservoirs love em or hate em? Im not sure if it could do the same job as separating the two.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast