Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    all the res's are mounted in the driver bays in the orange case you can see it in the second pic if you look at the pair of barbs at the top there's the res. In the antec case it's in the same place

My name is Dan for the people who care!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I already see two things I don't like about that system.
    Did he finish setting it up like that?

No its a work log and he isn't finished yet.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    have you got any of your stuff yet detale?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    ... its a work log and he isn't finished yet.
    OK, while he's finishing up- and before you even start- let me give you something to think about...

While you're filling the system through those cool roofmounted fillports (presumably using a funnel), as the water flows down to the reservoirs where is the air in the system going?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    OK, while he's finishing up- and before you even start- let me give you something to think about...

While you're filling the system through those cool roofmounted fillports (presumably using a funnel), as the water flows down to the reservoirs where is the air in the system going?
    I was thinking about that, you dont wanna get air in your pump. You want something like your rad or the res to be the highest that way the air can go to that and not your pump.

Before actually putting the w/c with your rig, what i would do is build it then test it out side your case, get all the bubbles out and make sure there aint no leaks

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Good point guys, I am deff going to set this up outside the case for testing. How long a test do you recommend? I have read 1-36 hours so I imagine it's when you feel comfortable, but what do you think?

As far as filling I think if I fill the system when its upright and work the air bubbles out then with no air in the res I can leave around an inch of air in the fillport hose at the very top. I plan on making a mark so I can monitor if I am losing fluid.then when I have to fill it I can do so very slowly so that it pretty much trickles down the side of the tube the air can escape as the fluid goes in. What do you think??

In my mind the rad will be on the same bottom level with the pump and the res will be higher than both. The CPU and Mosfet blocks will be the highest poinst just under the fillport.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Good point guys, I am deff going to set this up outside the case for testing. How long a test do you recommend? I have read 1-36 hours so I imagine it's when you feel comfortable, but what do you think?

As far as filling I think if I fill the system when its upright and work the air bubbles out then with no air in the res I can leave around an inch of air in the fillport hose at the very top. I plan on making a mark so I can monitor if I am losing fluid.then when I have to fill it I can do so very slowly so that it pretty much trickles down the side of the tube the air can escape as the fluid goes in. What do you think??

In my mind the rad will be on the same bottom level with the pump and the res will be higher than both. The CPU and Mosfet blocks will be the highest poinst just under the fillport.
    Setting it up outside the case is not necessary and in some ways self-defeating.
    I've NEVER done that.

What you want to do is build it in place, fill with water and then bleed/test it with a separate PSU...i.e., the electronics are not powered on.
    I usually test for 15-20 minutes then hook the pump to the real PSU and go from there.
    If the reservoir is the highest point in the loop, you only need fill it @2/3 full.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Hmmm well then that does give me another idea still horizontal but higher. I cant freaking wait until my parts get here. Supposed to be here Tue. next week

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    We're all excited.
    Probably not as much as you, but excited nonetheless.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    LOL, you guys are the best!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast