Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

I don't think I'm going to use anymore 90 fittings mainly because I didn't order any more and there's no way in hell I can wait for them.
    Patience is a virtue.

It's a lot simpler- and far less messy- to make changes now, before any water is involved, rather than later.

But, you're going to carry on anyway- I know, because I probably would have too- so let's see what happens.

I have several "Told Ya So" variations already polished and waiting...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #112
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    lol i wanna see more pics

My name is Dan for the people who care!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #113
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'm going down in a few I'll get some more pics tonight LOL

Clocker, OK so I've decided to wait a bit and get some more fittings some 90's and some 45's I want to take my time and do this right instead of rushing through it. I have the HTPC I am using now so there isn't really a huge rush.

Also you were right the fillport hits the HDD I have mounted up there now ( pics in a bit) so I have to put a 45 degree fitting on it !! C'mon give me "I told you so's" I love that shit. Another thing is I messed up and ordered the wrong cables I ordered without looking I got SATA right angle to right angle so It goes good in the drives but not so well on my MoBo I need right to lefts DAMNIT. Otherwise I think all is going to be well....at least for now.

Edit: Well I want to order more fittings but almost all of the fancy Bitspower ones are sold out everywhere so I sent performance PC an Email asking if the had an idea when they'e be back in stock so I can order more and this was their reply

These were all recalled. We should have replacements in the coming 1-2
    weeks.

Best Regards,
    PPCS Sales

Ok so what now? I sent them another Email asking why they were recalled and what of the ones I have installed now?? A quick google search turned up nothing, except a link to another forum that is down ATM. What if they were recalled because they leak? AHHHHH what do I do??Maybe I should go with a different company??
    Last edited by Detale; 09-04-2008 at 10:26 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #114
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    well obv you haven't tested it yet so it's not something to worry about........ yet. Im not quite sure why your w/c build is being a bit complicated

My name is Dan for the people who care!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #115
    What do you mean complicated?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #116
    D., could you show us on your pic of the motherboard how you plan on routing the tubing?

Also, where are the pump and the reservoir going to go?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #117
    Sure man Glad to:

Here is the general layout, excuse the sloppy graffics I only have paint installed on the HTPC since I'm only supposed to use it to watch my HD movies

Now in this pic the pump is sitting in the "basement" like so from the other side. It will not be on the floor however. due to clocker's suggestion to have it hanging to reduce any noise, Thanks again man

I have another idea for pump placement also I am toying with. This one will be mounted to the floor. What do you think of it?? The route will stay the same I'm pretty sure

In the 2nd and third shot you can see the HDD cage that came with the case I may use it there but as of now it's just sitting. I think it would look nice having 4 fans across in a row I dunno. as of now I have them as they are above.

I also did the front with my Antec 900 HDD cages like this matches damn well with the top mesh cover

I need to change the top fan also because its the one from my antec
    and I hate how my Samsung DVD drive looks with the plastic next to the brushed aluminum

Also notice my order fuck up As I said I got right angle to Right angle SATA cables and each plug covers the partnering header

Lets call this one "Clockers I told you so" Pic

Some more angles and pics I took

Yeah

8. Software & Hardware   -   #118
    Jeezus Keerist D., that's a bloody nightmare.
    I'll be back...

Would it be possible to get a full sideon shot of the case with the rez and pump removed?
    Just the mobo in place.
    Last edited by clocker; 09-05-2008 at 03:12 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #119
    Nightmare or awesome challenging heaping bundle of fun?? That's why I want to use some 90's and some 45's to help with the bends

What I cannot find anywhere is an aluminum Bezel for my drive to match the case it's making me nuts

10. Software & Hardware   -   #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Nightmare or awesome challenging heaping bundle of fun??
    Umm...nightmare.
    That's why I want to use some 90's and some 45's to help with the bends

What I cannot find anywhere is an aluminum Bezel for my drive to match the case it's making me nuts
    That's the least of your current problems.
    Tell you what...that bothered me about my case at first.
    I found some black alloy faceplates (I think CoolerMaster made 'em) but they were just as bad...basically, nothing is going to match that satin finish that the TJ has. If you want them (and if I can find them) you can have 'em.

Now, about that pic I asked for....

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast