Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hey bud what do you mean by backplane? If you mean the IO area I think I'm going to use something easy like this. Modified a bit OC

I am looking at places that do water jet cutting in my area and i plan on doing a side window i haven't seen before. it's going to be pretty cool I hope. Another idea with a setup like this i could mount the MObo tray using the backpiece and installing some "slider" top and bottom rails like in the Tj-07 case. Hey the Mobo could even be removable. HEY I think that'll work This is the piece I mean

Last edited by Detale; 12-20-2009 at 01:07 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #382
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Right, that's what I figured.
    So, if you have to buy the whole tray, why seperate the board mount off it?
    Why not just use the whole thing?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #383
    That's what I meant. This way the Mobo will be removable just like the Tj-07 mounted to the back of the case with screws and the "sliders on top and bottom. This would eliminate having to do anything with the current standoffs

4. Software & Hardware   -   #384
    You'll still want to break them off, I think.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #385
    Yeah I started to already. I'm leaving some on for now just in case. I'm going to start a new thread on it as well. with some prelim pics

6. Software & Hardware   -   #386
    So that "bend 'em and snap 'em off" technique actually works?

Good to know.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #387
    It;s more of a very simply twisting motion, but yeah it's VERY easy to remove em. the only thing is it leaves a slight pot hole there I have yet to deal with. I'm thinking bond-o

8. Software & Hardware   -   #388
    Ready? annnnnnnnnd go.

SON OF A BITCH BASTARD MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COCK SUCKING ROTTEN ASSHOLE FUCK!!! Whew, well you may have already guesses that I have a leak....again....from the same shitty res....... on the same shitty side as last time. I have no idea what happened other to say that it spontaniously sprung a leak. I was walking by the computer and noticed that my res level was waay too low. I couldn't find a leak at all All I saw was a tiny puddle at the bottom of the case with no clue as to where it was coming from. I refilled the res and it was leaking from the same damn XSPC res on the same side no less. Not exactly the same place this time though. it was more in the middle. As I went to move it a drop must have hit my sunbeam controller the wrong way and POP! one of my controllers is out now as well. So I shut her off and removed my SSD's toots sweet and here I am back on the HTPC. This all happened as I was floating on the proverbial cloud as I just got some great news that I am starting work tomorrow on a new job. So I have to get up at 5AM and it's now 9pm so I can't fix it tonight damnit, not that I could anyway as I'm not going to use any more XSPC products. I am going to write to PPCS and see if the will give me some kid of store credit or something. I'll update later.

FUCK!!!!

Anyone know of a good dual bay res?? Shit now I'm going to have to reroute my tubes and pumb placement again. Probably have to order more tubing as well damnit.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-06-2010 at 02:18 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #389
    I hear this air cooling thing is really taking off...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #390
    Thanks dude, I really needed a laugh. Seriously though this is fucked up like. It's been a month now and all was well. I just kept thinking Oh god not my ssd's $400 down the tubes, ATM they are sitting on the bottom of the case on their sides until the brackets arrive. this just sucks donkey ass.

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast