Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Unless water got to the connector area I don't think the SSDs would care if they got wet.
    Not really something I feel like testing though.

I've never been a fan of bay reservoirs and have only used the Swiftech Micro rez lately.
    It's small, it's simple, it's watertight.

That last feature might interest you, D.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #392
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Ready? annnnnnnnnd go.

SON OF A BITCH BASTARD MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COCK SUCKING ROTTEN ASSHOLE FUCK!!! Whew, well you may have already guesses that I have a leak....again....from the same shitty res....... on the same shitty side as last time. I have no idea what happened other to say that it spontaniously sprung a leak. I was walking by the computer and noticed that my res level was waay too low. I couldn't find a leak at all All I saw was a tiny puddle at the bottom of the case with no clue as to where it was coming from. I refilled the res and it was leaking from the same damn XSPC res on the same side no less. Not exactly the same place this time though. it was more in the middle. As I went to move it a drop must have hit my sunbeam controller the wrong way and POP! one of my controllers is out now as well. So I shut her off and removed my SSD's toots sweet and here I am back on the HTPC. This all happened as I was floating on the proverbial cloud as I just got some great news that I am starting work tomorrow on a new job. So I have to get up at 5AM and it's now 9pm so I can't fix it tonight damnit, not that I could anyway as I'm not going to use any more XSPC products. I am going to write to PPCS and see if the will give me some kid of store credit or something. I'll update later.

FUCK!!!!

Anyone know of a good dual bay res?? Shit now I'm going to have to reroute my tubes and pumb placement again. Probably have to order more tubing as well damnit.
    heh. I've been off forums since new year's eve. This is the first thread I've clicked on, anywhere, since then, and that post was the first thing that caught my eye.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!½.

Also, if it were me, and I tried my hand at water cooling, and had that snazzy corsair case of yours, I'd go for an external reservoir. Doesn't it even come predrilled for mounting a res outside? I know it has holes for the tubing, anyhow.

Wouldn't that kind of prevent it from leaking on something important inside of the case?

On another note, I moved all my stuff out of the aegis and into that raven I mentioned, did it last night/this morning, in one continuous session.

I dunno how the fuck it happened, but I think it took over eight hours.

Also, since misery loves company and all: My favourite bit was finding out that "oh shit, I've wedged the the cables for the i/o-shield el, and the lcd poster underneath the mobo", right as I'd gotten nearly everything mounted. Had pick everything apart again, only to find Id removed the lcd poster entirely and put it away, and the other cable needn't have been sorted

Everything is looking good now, though, though I might redo some of the cabling, mostly out of ocd since it's hidden anyhow.

Anyways, to get back on track: I wouldn't worry too much about the ssds getting wet, like clocker says. I'm half sure they can even survive a brief soak, assuming you let them dry out properly before testing them again.

Shame about the controller though.

Was the computer running while it was puddling up?

And congratulations on getting a new job.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #393
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Snee pics,pics,pics on the new case. If no camera then draw some.

The 800D does have mounting holes for an external Rad but I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to rig something up for a res. I did send PPC's an email about the situation and their initial reply was to ask what fluid I am using. Good thing I am using distilled thiis time so that rules out a corrosive fluid problem. I was 1 sec away from replying "battery acid!" when he asked. Hopefully they can do something to help here.

The new job an am VERY grateful for but I am working outside in 30 degree weather all day and alas I am exhausted and even though I have to do something with the leaker in my hallway and 2 unopened newegg boxes sit next to it with parts for the g5 project I can't do anything tonight. I'm going to shoot for tomorrow and I will have some pics up then.

Also Snee what is СннЫ?
    Last edited by Detale; 01-07-2010 at 12:03 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Also, if it were me, and I tried my hand at water cooling, and had that snazzy corsair case of yours, I'd go for an external reservoir. Doesn't it even come predrilled for mounting a res outside? I know it has holes for the tubing, anyhow.
    Typically Snee, you'd see the radiator mounted externally...not the rez.
    There's no particular reason that the reservoir is more likely to leak than any other part.

Except in D.'s case...then, whatever parts leaking will cause the worst damage is the one that will fail.
    I heard he once burned a car to the ground while washing it.
    Last edited by clocker; 01-07-2010 at 12:20 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #395
    Actually I was Detale-ing it. ..Get it! HA! I'll be here all week, try the veal.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #396
    And tip your waitress.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #397
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Typically Snee, you'd see the radiator mounted externally...not the rez.
    There's no particular reason that the reservoir is more likely to leak than any other part.
    I dunno mang, I've seen a couple of really neat builds with huge reservoirs outside of the case.

I'm no expert though, so maybe that's just stupid. Just thought it looked really cool.

And, Detale: I'll try and take some pics, just need to get hold of a cable for either of my phones so I can get them uploaded.

One's at work, I think, and the other is somewhere else

СннЫ was something I just put there when I was bored - I ran 'SnnY' (my old name on here) through babelfish or something and it spat out that. I'd have written it 'СннИ', but what I know of the cyrillic alphabet is getting pretty rusty.

It's -23c here, btw. I'd rather have your weather.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #398
    I dunno mang, I've seen a couple of really neat builds with huge reservoirs outside of the case.
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #399
    Orite, you said 'Typically'.

Hard of thinking today.

I was about to reply 'No, I'm serious, and look at this: http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-a...reservoir.html'

Then I realised you weren't telling me it wasn't something anyone should do.

EDit:

Oh, this was a new one.

My fully legal Windows 7 just told me I might be using an illegitimate copy after a reboot.

It's still activated and everything, so nothing's broken. But the funny thing was that I was just looking at a site with a loader for win 7 before rebooting.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-07-2010 at 11:50 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #400
    Yeah I'm still waiting to see if PPCs will help me by taking one of these crappy res's back or what. I have some new fans to install etc. Just too tired as of now. Maybe next weekend like.

Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast