Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yeah buddy, I'll bet PPC can't wait to get another defective piece of merchandise back on the shelf.

What's with "new fans"?
    History tells us that your machine will die of water inhalation long before it overheats, so aren't fans kind of gilding the lily?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #402
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Yeah I just need something for the rear exhaust that had some more kick. I wasn't sure that the stock corsair fans were cutting it.

PPcs said I will be contacted by the manufacturer for another replacement, but fuck that. I mean would you put a third res in there after all the hassle?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #403
    I wouldn't have put the first one in there.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #404
    Touche, but if you did would you accept a third one and put it in or go a different route?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #405
    The road less traveled.
    Either the Swiftech micro rez or an EK multi-option.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #406
    I have the EK multi you recommended way back when, but I do like the swiftech one as well.

Also I was thinking that maybe the PT nuke I've been using may have something to do with my leaks after getting an email from the XAPC rep again saying
    On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM, dazhong <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hi, Sean

I am very sorry that our products brought your trouble. 2 of them leaked is weird. We do want to solve this problem. We can send you the replacement again.

We did many tests when you told us this issue. We boiled the res to 100C in water and colded it in refrigerator to under -10C. We did not get any leaking here. Also, we have lots of the reservoirs runing in the endusers' PCs for long time. Be Honesty, we did have few leaking reported. But we found the problem was the additivities mainly, that is what we can not control. We do hope you can try the reservoir again. Do you think you can accept it?
    So needless to say I don't know what to do. I did da Google and no info I could find would point to PT nuke being a problem eating plastics.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-11-2010 at 03:23 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #407
    Run straight distilled water.

I've yet to see evidence of anything growing in my systems.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #408
    Was thinking the same thing bud. Something dawned on me just now and it's probably another dumb question in the line of dumb questions, but do you think it would be possible/ok to run two loops through 1 res without adverse affects?
    Last edited by Detale; 01-12-2010 at 04:33 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #409
    Sure, why not?
    In fact, I think the whole thing makes more sense with ONE pump and rez anyway.

Since they're already in place, you can keep the two rads but the second pump is just complicating things for a minimal benefit.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #410
    Really!? you think one pump would be OK? Hmmm this puts a new spin on things, I've been debating getting a new pump for the G5 build but if I could get away with one pump I could use the other one there. Also I was looking at it yesterday and noticed that they sent me the wrong pump I have one 350 and one 355 pump so I could use the more powerfull one with the 800D. How should this thing be looped then??

Something like:

Last edited by Detale; 01-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast