Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It's always fun to watch somebody else spend money.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    lol aint it just, cant wait to see it all come together. can't believe how long it's taking to get to you:\ when did you order the gear?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid_death69 View Post
    lol aint it just, cant wait to see it all come together. can't believe how long it's taking to get to you:\ when did you order the gear?
    I ordered the stuff from Petra's and from Performance PC on Tuesday the 26th and it should all be here by Tue next week.

I did get 1 package from Petra already but nothing cool in there I got some of their "gel Stuff" looks like a good idea and some IC Diamond 24k Thermal compound to try out nothing that cool though sorry Until Tue that is

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    ah well, we shall have to wait. You'll have to do a build log and take photo's fella

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Oddly after I posted the last comment I checked the tracking numbers and it turned out 1 package was already here at my local FedEx station. I called and went to pickit up ASAP, the wife thought I was nuts but I had to.

I got the
    XSPC Laing DDC-1T/1TPlus MCP-350/355 Acrylic Replacement Top w/ LED Port
    for my pump

And the EK res:

In the instructions it says it can be mounted vertical or horizontally and I have some sdea what I want to do will work now

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    oooooooooooooh pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Oddly after I posted the last comment I checked the tracking numbers and it turned out 1 package was already here at my local FedEx station. I called and went to pickit up ASAP, the wife thought I was nuts but I had to.

I got the
    XSPC Laing DDC-1T/1TPlus MCP-350/355 Acrylic Replacement Top w/ LED Port
    for my pump

And the EK res:

In the instructions it says it can be mounted vertical or horizontally and I have some sdea what I want to do will work now
    Aye the only problem i can see with mounting it vertically would air bubbles but if you get em out first then mount it that way i can't see a problem
    Last edited by Acid_death69; 08-31-2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    So I brought it home and opened the box like a kid on Xmas, I take this thing out of the box and she, looking at me like I was crazy, thought I had gotten a penis pump!!! So damn funny I laughed for about an hour.

On topic:

Right AD but as long as I have a tube pointing up using one of the barbs on the "front"and tilt the res slightly upward towards that hose the air should travel up that way the right?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    yerr the air should go up there, what are you going to have coming out of the vertical barb?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    .... as long as I have a tube pointing up using one of the barbs on the "front"and tilt the res slightly upward towards that hose the air should travel up that way the right?
    You're thinking of this as a static system, which it's not.
    In order to bleed the loop you'll have to switch the pump on (probably several times, in short bursts).

So, if the inlet to the reservoir is closer to the outlet than this theoretical third "air escape" barb is, any bubbles will be sucked right back into the loop with no chance to meander up and away.

Granted, some air may be separated out but you need ALL of it gone.
    Even tiny little bubbles make a hell of a racket and any sloshing sounds from the rez get old quickly.

But we'll see, I suppose.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    aye im sure it'll be fine just try and get whatya can out. That pump is quite powerful so like clocker said it has to be in burst otherwise all the air will just keep going round and round.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast