Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ah OK will take a look Thanks again homie.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #142
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yo, bro.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #143
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    ah well fella, hope it all gets sorted out keep on at them like cos i would'nt tolerate it.

My name is Dan for the people who care!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Sure they may be fine but: a) It will drive me insane checking the rig every 30 seconds forever wondering if today will be the day they leak, Im nuts like that. or b) they could leak when I turn my back on them ruining my rig, neither of these options are acceptable to me one bit, so we are at a standstill until I hear more from them sorry man
    I completely understand.
    I was involved in beta testing a GPU block a few years ago from a startup company.
    Several of the early designs leaked, including mine (fortunately the card survived).
    I got a revised version and it tested OK, cooling was good, so I started to run it full time but the nagging fear of a leak never went away.

I held out for about a month then pulled it.
    It was just too worrisome.

My experience has been that if the loop is going to leak, it leaks right away.
    I've never had a block leak (except the aforementioned Neptune), it's always been a bad tube/fitting issue which shows up as soon as water is introduced.

One reason I favor the "inverted ATX" layout is that even if there is a fitting leak, chances are excellent that the water won't hit anything important.
    With the standard layout, the vid card is almost certain to catch the drip.

Detale is going to need a lot of 90° fittings, so waiting to get the improved version is probably the smartest move.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #145
    cool, can't wait for this to be all completed like. I might even get mine up and running before yours manages to get finished with the way the company is treating you detale. Hope they are giving you some form of compesation for it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #146
    They're going to replace the defective parts...what else would you have them do?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #147
    well the fact is that they there was retail in call and they still sent the parts out, they should at least rush the parts out to him.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #148
    I did think of that with the inverted AXT but I messed up and got the window on the wrong side . I cant wait to get an answer from them I might even ask if PPCs could exchange the fittings for the coolance ones but I cant find any flowrate info what so ever

9. Software & Hardware   -   #149
    having the board inverted is a good idea, wish i could do it. ah well i dont thik you'll get anything else till tomorrow like whether it be equipment or info.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #150
    WOW I had a whole long post here and the board farted and I lost it, damn that sux

OK so take 2:

Call me a moron but I couldn't wait anymore and decided to say fuck it and loop this damn thing already. I didn't power up my MoBo instead I used the innards of an external HDD enclosure I had laying around to power just the pump and the rad fans. Also I hooked up the drain port but decided not to drill anymore holes and Ill just leave the thing inside and when I need it Ill pull it out so i can point it into a receptacle. I did hang the pump like clocker suggested and I think its a great idea no noise whatsoever

I did it looked good I checked my fittings and everything so I am filling her up for a good 20 seconds and all of a sudden I see a puddle running from under my case off the desk and onto the floor obviously I am upset I cant seem to find where its coming from suddenly I see that I forgot to connect one of the hoses to my rad WHAT A DICK!! I yell over and over.

So I hook up the last hose and clean up the mess check again ok looks good. I continue filling it up and the water stops going down my fillport and stays in the funnel because the air cannot escape ( Insert clocker I told you so here) so I sit and stare at it for 10 min while I have a cigarett and figure what to do next.

I disconnected the hose going to the CPU since thats the highest point on my loop and the water goes down because the air can escape HA! still there is too much air in there so I jam the leftover hose I have into the funnel sealing it in there and I blow into it forcing the air out and down into the res ( uhhh I guess I blew my computer) it worked!!! I then add my purple UV dye and am all set to go.

I hooked it up to the external HDD enclosure parts so that if it does leak there would be no real damage to the mobo and the video card (I think right?)also it has a switch so in case of an emergency I could switch the pump off. I cover the vid card with a plastic bag so if it does drip it will roll of the bag and out of the case onto a waiting rag I had set up.

Ok so here goes I switch it on and it works DAMNIT IT WORKS!!! There was a small drip from the barb on the pump but thats my fault becasue I didn't tighten it enough so I tightened it and all was well again. I watch it run for about 10 min nervously and the wife calls on my cell and says we need to go food shopping, I tell her I cant leave we argue, so I have to leave for about 3 hours ( yeah Im a wuss) I figure leave it running and go balls in. If its going to leak it will do so no matter what. 3 hours later I get home and NO LEAKS!! :woot:

It's working really well I think. There is one thing the dye color is a bit uneven in the different hoses but I think that will work itself out right? Also the remaining air bubble in the res acts funny. when the pump is off it sits as it should leveling itself off at the top. When the pump is on it slides to the intake side of the res not in the direction of the water flow?? odd but I think there is some whirlpool action going on in there. This even happens whe I tilt it to a steeper incline. It is on a slight unnoticeable one now so Im not too concerned I will just have to see what happens. The horizontal res is working even better that I expected the air that was in there goes out just as I predicted So well infact I made a short video and uploaded it for you guys to see

Notice the air bubble and tell me what you guys think
    [youtube]PS2--4gEsDM[/youtube]

Here are some still pics also

Now I am not done yet I need to do some lighting and stuff but Im almost there. Thanks guys for all the help and let me know what you think??
    Last edited by Detale; 09-08-2008 at 07:36 AM.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast