Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: Water cooled setup

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Today I will post temps

2. Software & Hardware   -   #212
    Sorry I never got to post temps but

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

I had it running using it barely due to my life being insanely busy this last month so I started getting my settings just the way I liked and suddenly It shut down and then when it rebooted I had no video. After re-restarting over and over, checking cables and stuff I opened her up and there was a mother fuc*ing leak!!! Aparently, the idiot I am, I forgot to put the last few clamps on the fittings and one was almost completely off from the barb. Needless to say there was a small amount of liquid coating the top of my video card. I have dried it with a paper towel and have had it sitting open for 2 days now to dry out.

Do you guys think the card is done for. The Feser one is supposed to be Non conductive but who knows? AHHHHH What should I do guys. I am honestly too tired and disgusted with myself to plug it back in for at least another day or two. Any suggestions??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #213
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    i would have done what you did just leave it to dry for a couple of days and then try plugging it in again. like you said the stuff is non conductive so chances are it might alright.

My name is Dan for the people who care!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #214
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Pour some alcohol on it to help seek out/displace any last traces of water...there are infinite tiny crevices where water can hide on a PCB.
    You'll probably be OK.

Sorry to hear of your setback D., the learning curve can be steep sometimes.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-04-2008 at 01:05 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #215
    The thing thay leads me to believe it's too late is that it shut off in the first place if it were truly non conductive it shouldn't have had a problem right?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #216
    i know why your sceptical about it but, ive heard the same story and heard that the that persons pc come bk from the dead, so there is a chance fella have faith:p

7. Software & Hardware   -   #217
    Thanks guys still havent had the time/nerve to power her back up.

Is it a problem with the water system if it sits still too long??

8. Software & Hardware   -   #218
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Shouldn't be.

Good luck.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #219
    ive had mine off for a couple of days when i wasn't using my pc and when i turned it bk on it was perfectly fine. Normally i keep mine running 24/7 and turn the pump off like once a fortnight.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #220
    Hi everyone,

Sad times with the leak, Detale

I ensured when I set mine up that I ran it for 24 hours without the computer running to see if there was any leaks.

It's possible to make the power supply JUST power the pump for the water cooling by shorting two pins on the montherboard power supply.

This was my first attempt at a cooling system and it goes pretty well. Got my AMD AM2 6000+ overclocked by 20%. Temps depend entirely on room temp, but at load on average it hangs around 30 degrees centigrade - so I could easily overclock it more.

Built this system in 2006, but since then i've added the water cooling system, new CPU, new RAM, new mobo, new PSU and extra hard disk space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast