Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tron 2.0

skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Just noticed Tron 2.0 is out and was wondering if anyone has played it yet and what do you think?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Games   -   #2
    downloading it right now, 97%
    ill let you know in an hour.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Wouldn't mind knowing either, I was tempted to download the demo first.

4. Games   -   #4
    Well, I only played the first few levels and I like it a lot!

I don't think it's for everybody though. It has a high 'nerd' imago to it, (I mean a guy being 'digitized' and fighting computer viruses, go figure) but the implementation in the game is highly original. (for example, you need to 'port' foreign program codes before you can use them as upgrades)

I love the artwork (real 'computer-like&#39 and it stays very true to the movie.
    Some people might call the graphics simple, but the colors are very strong and the levels (so far) are nice.

I find the disc-fighting somewhat 'clunky'. It's not easy to hit someone and dodging seems really just a matter of luck.

Overall, as someone who has played the original Tron game, this is a great gaming experience.

But don't just trust my judgement for it. Look around on the net for Tron2.0 reviews to get a broader picture.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

5. Games   -   #5

thinking of the film puts me right off. might try it sumtime but i wont like it

6. Games   -   #6
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I know this is an old post, but... I have just started to play the game and I feel that it is a very nice change from a first person shooter. the game is nicely structure and astectly pleasing. If you want a interseting game to try this is one.

ps i have never seen the movie and i feel the game is good so set the preconcived dislike of the series aside and try the game

7. Games   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by neevakee@29 October 2003 - 02:50
    I know this is an old post, but... I have just started to play the game and I feel that it is a very nice change from a first person shooter. the game is nicely structure and astectly pleasing. If you want a interseting game to try this is one.

ps i have never seen the movie and i feel the game is good so set the preconcived dislike of the series aside and try the game
    the idea of computer fighting viruses is a bit weird.

8. Games   -   #8
    Octopussy
    i hav the ripped...i thought game was pretty stupid...story was real dumb

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    ok u killed it
    AMD Athlon 2500+
    512 RAM
    80GB Western Digital
    1.83 GHZ
    GYGABYTE ATI Radeon 9200 128MB

10. Games   -   #10
    Lol, I completely forgot about this thread.

Well, to add to my previous post, the latter levels only get better. There are some truly magnificent levels not only graphically, but also gameplay-wise.

The gameplay itself is pretty diverse with some levels being normal first-person shooter type, but others being more puzzle-like or levels having a time limit (pretty steep ones at that&#33

I'll partially have to take back what I said earlier about disc-fighting. It needs a lot of getting used to to use effectively, but it gets better after more practice. Later upgrades go a long way to improve the disc.

One major flaw I found were the Lightcycle-races. Basically they are 'Snake' games in 3d. That also is the major problem as you don't have a good point of view and the controls to change it is rather unwieldly. Also it's far too fast to make winning a question of skill, more trial-and-error.
    And there's basically 1 level where these levels fit the storyline. In other ones they are used as 'escape' levels and really don't fit.

So is it Half-Life? No the story won't appeal to as many, but the levels and gameplay are certainly up to that standard.

IMHO
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast