Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Avoid Getting Caught?

fordsc
    What is the best way to download without getting caught or nailed by the government?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Man, u won't get caught by the government..... Maybe the RIAA just playing but your chances of getting caught by them is very slim.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    Download pretty much as much as you like, just don't share hundreds of thousands of mp3s because they only go for the people who upload what they consider to be excessive amounts of music, because they believe that if they cut off the big uploaders, they will stop p2p.

Hugo.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yeah......Right.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    i like hogster's advice:

hide under a tree

(use the peerguardian database ips- either in your firewall (preferable) or K++ if you're just using kazaa lite or peerguardian)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Upload when you download.

Don't upload while you're not downloading.

Make it 50/50

Leaving kazaa running 24/7 is something you might not want to do.

Do your part for the kazaa community. Share, but only share what you download

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by fordsc@22 August 2003 - 20:42
    What is the best way to download without getting caught or nailed by the government?
    you want 100% protection?? think sex, best way of being safe is not doing it... B)
    other than that nothing well unless you want to pay 200$ a month for an overseas proxy server

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    other than that nothing well unless you want to pay 200$ a month for an overseas proxy server
    $200 LOL
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the CDs etc in the first place!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Considering how much illegal software one man can download given a month and total anonymity I think $200 might be a bargain. I have a few pieces of advice.

1. Use peer guardian, Kazaa comes with an automatic i.p. blocker but play it safe and get the real deal. Make sure to keep it updated regularly.

2. Don't share so much. Lately they have been even going after people who share as little as 28mb so that's no guarantee.

3. Don't share if you're using a school's connection, they are not only monitored but the schools are very interested in covering their asses.

Me, I live in Australia.

Seriously though, make sure to at least use Peer Guardian.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    look for a windex and clean your traces by whipping ur hard disk!
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast