Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just me or is it becoming almost impossible to seed at SCT and FTN?

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well, I see... I am an old styled user... I click the link, read the .nfo, go to IMDB and only when Iīm convinced that the release will be useful to me I download the .torrent.
    So... if I want to keep a healthy ratio is not enough renting a seedbox or being updating .browse.php every 5 or 10 minutes... now I have to grab any shit uploaded almost before itīs uploaded.
    Crap! This is not being funny anymore.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Well, I see... I am an old styled user... I click the link, read the .nfo, go to IMDB and only when Iīm convinced that the release will be useful to me I download the .torrent.
    So... if I want to keep a healthy ratio is not enough renting a seedbox or being updating .browse.php every 5 or 10 minutes... now I have to grab any shit uploaded almost before itīs uploaded.
    Crap! This is not being funny anymore.
    I dunno but I do those things too all manually and still get over 1 on most torrents (pretty much DVDs only too btw). And on my home line I can get .25 in the first day and .5-.75 over a few days usually.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I can't say anything about FTN since I am not a member but as far as ScT I think it is relatively easy to seed back until 1:1. I have 1mbit upload and there is not one single torrent I haven't achieved this goal. Sure, for some of them I had to seed for more than a week but it wasn't a big deal!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    PunX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    it's very easy to seed on sct , ftn sux donkey hairy balls

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Does FTN even record your torrent ratio since it is a no ratio site? I would imagine that as long as you seed for the right amount of time that is all that matters. Obviously if you want to gain higher levels you would want to seed over the 1:1 ratio but otherwise I would imagine you guys are stressing over nothing. Correct me if I am wrong

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    FTN records ratios, an admin posted something about how a third of the users are below 1.0 and not at risk (at least because of low ratio). Also, the worst sharers top 10 etc must calculate it somehow.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Some people are just really retarted.....being hard to seed is a very good thing for a tracker, for obvious reasons, does anyone really think the opposite is true???.
    Last edited by users; 08-27-2008 at 07:01 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I have a shity home connection, and I got good buffer on FTN
    Every now and again, there are good torrents you can seed back.
    but that Is over a long period.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Does FTN even record your torrent ratio since it is a no ratio site? I would imagine that as long as you seed for the right amount of time that is all that matters. Obviously if you want to gain higher levels you would want to seed over the 1:1 ratio but otherwise I would imagine you guys are stressing over nothing. Correct me if I am wrong

Well, I really donīt know, I use FTN exactly in the same way I use BitMeTV or TL, the ratioless and timeless options... knowing they are there are a relief, but I am used to seedback more than I get, and no matteers what, if I donīt see a number greater than 1 in each and every torrent I grab I donīt feel comfortable.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by users View Post
    Some people are just really retarted.....being hard to seed is a very good thing for a tracker, for obvious reasons, does anyone really think the opposite is true???.

Yes, but then again I am retarted.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast