Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What.CD or Waffles

Spammerbot...LIVE!
    what.cd definitely the best..
    I continue to think.... Therefore I still am....

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just use both as they have many of the same stuff but different rippers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    what.cd

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    They both apparently suck in heavy metal.

I wouldn't overrate one when comparing though, because very often one of trackers will have a proper v0 (or flac) rip and the other won't, which is important for people who care alot about music quality. Sometimes one of the trackers will just plain out not have the album. I only use what.cd as my first choice because I have more buffer when compared to waffles. At this point in time it's still worth having and using both if you like more than just mainstream music.

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post

are you sure you were searching for music?
    I'm gonna assume waeldiab is referring to the 'DJ genres', cause TT and elektronik have good pre's on 0day material, and a bigger backcatalogue to choose from
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 08-28-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What.cd. No doubt about that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    They both apparently suck in heavy metal.
    Which is exactly why I made a thread here not too long ago asking about metal trackers. I've found that Rockbox is pretty decent, at least, for Power Metal varieties.

Likewise, even mainstream French, Russian, Spanish, and other foreign music can be hard to find there. That is where torrents.ru and ethor have come in handy - never did find a suitable tracker for Spanish music to be honest.

Besides all that, I'd have to say that overall what.cd is my favorite music tracker. It has the best variety all around - and of course the Gazelle interface is beautiful. However, waffles is pretty damn awesome too - they've got a decent selection and are always adding new features to the site.

I'm grateful to have such awesome libraries at my fingertips.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i was thinking of reinstalling soulseek, but yeah, i might give rockbox another shot first.
    I used to use it mostly for grindcore and death metal. I know it's public and doesn't always have great quality rips, but i haven't really come across a good place for heavy metal, and last time i used RMT it didn't impress.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    they both suck, that's true ) downloaded there oasis single box in flac with no logs, binary content differs in some songs comparing between those trackers..
    what.cd has more content but it's a mess when looking closer..
    and they're far from perfection if you have just a bit non-average musical taste.. for example, there's almost no french chanson there... yeah, i know, teenagers hardly listen to that but... i do )sadfsdfasdf

..staff seems to be more friendly at what, i think that when on waffles post could issue a warning, on what the same post would get a reply from staff with something like that "oh no, follow the rules please, it's not that hard )"
    Last edited by kukushka; 08-28-2008 at 09:39 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have to disagree with T.S.O.L. right here! I think that waffles in particular has a great collection of metal. And some very rare stuff I 've never seen anywhere else. There are very few things I have searched and not found. Though, I am not into grindcore or death metal as you say and I don't know if there are so many torrents in these two specific categories but in general I think that its collection is great! Added to this, I prefer waffles over what because I have found so many friendly people there and their forums are a nice place to hang around!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    i like what.cd becoz its easier to seed there

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast